5.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Northeast Japan
A 5.7-magnitude quake hit off the coast of northeast Japan on Friday, according to reports of the US Geological Survey.
The earthquake struck at 7:42 am on Friday eight kilometers east-northeast of the city of Miyako at a depth of 44 kilometers.
The Japan Meteorological Agency measured the magnitude of the jolt at 5.8 on the Richter scale and issued no tsunami alert.
There were no immediate reports of injured people or damage.
- » Israel Warned that it Could Act Directly Against Iran
- » Brazilian Prisoners Took the Guards as Hostages
- » Tillerson Admitted There Could be Introduction of New Sanctions Against Russia
- » The Polish Embassy in Tel Aviv was Vandalised with Drawn Swastikas
- » Romanian Influx Surprises Canada
- » Saudi Arabia has Finally Allowed Women to have their Own Business