Dimitrov Loses to Djokovic in Wimbledon Semifinal
Bulgarian star tennis player Grigor Dimitrov has lost to Serbia's Novak Djokovic in a hotly contested semifinal of Wimbledon.
Dimitrov ended his outstanding performance at Wimbledon after losing to Djokovic by a score of 4-6, 6-3, 6-7(2), 6-7(7) in a match that lasted slightly over three hours.
This was the fifth match between the two, with Djokovic leading by 3:1 victories, according to dnevnik.bg.
Dimitrov reached semifinals after beating defending champion Andy Murray with 6:1, 7:6 (4), 6:2 on Wednesday.
Dimitrov's historic victory made him the first Bulgarian to break into the Top 10 of the Emirates ATP Rankings.
By qualifying for the semifinal, Dimitrov secured EUR 553 000 and 720 points in the world ranking, and is to move to place 9 on Monday.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Seeks Recovery at Madrid Open
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Vows to Get Over Defeat at Istanbul Final
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Schwartzman at ATP Istanbul Final
- » Vegan Mountaineer Skatov Also Ascends Annapurna
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Climbs World's Deadliest Peak
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov Reaches ATP Istanbul Final