Dimitrov Loses to Djokovic in Wimbledon Semifinal
Bulgarian star tennis player Grigor Dimitrov has lost to Serbia's Novak Djokovic in a hotly contested semifinal of Wimbledon.
Dimitrov ended his outstanding performance at Wimbledon after losing to Djokovic by a score of 4-6, 6-3, 6-7(2), 6-7(7) in a match that lasted slightly over three hours.
This was the fifth match between the two, with Djokovic leading by 3:1 victories, according to dnevnik.bg.
Dimitrov reached semifinals after beating defending champion Andy Murray with 6:1, 7:6 (4), 6:2 on Wednesday.
Dimitrov's historic victory made him the first Bulgarian to break into the Top 10 of the Emirates ATP Rankings.
By qualifying for the semifinal, Dimitrov secured EUR 553 000 and 720 points in the world ranking, and is to move to place 9 on Monday.
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Skip Tournament in Washington Over Illness
- » Mountain Auto Rally “Uzana” Cancelled after Fatal Accident
- » Bulgarians Spent Over EUR 104 000 at 2014 World Cup
- » Michael Schumacher Is Showing Signs Of Recovery
- » Grigor Dimitrov Becomes Honorary Citizen of Varna
- » Clashes Break Out In Argentina After World Cup Defeat