Heavy Traffic Jams Along Bulgaria's Southern Black Sea Coast
A nearly 7-km-long traffic jam has clogged the roads between Bulgaria's Black Sea towns of Pomorie and Aheloy on Friday afternoon.
It takes as long as an hour to travel the distance, Bulgaria's National Radio (BNR) reports. Kilometers-long traffic jam was also generated in the opposite direction - from Sunny Beach resort to Aheloy.
The gridlock is formed at the traffic lights in Aheloy, and the reason is that for more than 10 years, the traffic is waiting to be taken out of the resort and the expansion of the road Burgas - Sunny Beach is yet to be completed.
Heavy traffic along the southern Bulgarian Black Sea coast is expected during the weekend, BNR notes.
- » Today Is European 'No Elevators Day'
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Bulgaria Ranks Lowest Among All EU Countries in Reporters Without Borders’ World Press Freedom Index
- » Employment Rate in Bulgaria Going Up
- » Two People Dead, One’s Life in Danger After Road Accidents in the Past Day
- » Until 17:00h on April 27, Transit Through the Vitinya Tunnel on Hemus Motorway Is Stopped