Heavy Traffic Jams Along Bulgaria's Southern Black Sea Coast
A nearly 7-km-long traffic jam has clogged the roads between Bulgaria's Black Sea towns of Pomorie and Aheloy on Friday afternoon.
It takes as long as an hour to travel the distance, Bulgaria's National Radio (BNR) reports. Kilometers-long traffic jam was also generated in the opposite direction - from Sunny Beach resort to Aheloy.
The gridlock is formed at the traffic lights in Aheloy, and the reason is that for more than 10 years, the traffic is waiting to be taken out of the resort and the expansion of the road Burgas - Sunny Beach is yet to be completed.
Heavy traffic along the southern Bulgarian Black Sea coast is expected during the weekend, BNR notes.
- » Bulgarian Parliament Boosts Healthcare Budget with BGN 100 M
- » Bulgarian TPP Carries Highest Pollution Cost in Europe
- » Google, bTV 'Best Brand in Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria Deputy PM Calls for Minumum Wage Increase in 2015
- » UNHCR Calls on Bulgarians to "See Refugees Through Different Eyes"
- » Traffic Police Will Not Pull Over Motorists Unless Necessary