Heavy Traffic Jams Along Bulgaria's Southern Black Sea Coast
A nearly 7-km-long traffic jam has clogged the roads between Bulgaria's Black Sea towns of Pomorie and Aheloy on Friday afternoon.
It takes as long as an hour to travel the distance, Bulgaria's National Radio (BNR) reports. Kilometers-long traffic jam was also generated in the opposite direction - from Sunny Beach resort to Aheloy.
The gridlock is formed at the traffic lights in Aheloy, and the reason is that for more than 10 years, the traffic is waiting to be taken out of the resort and the expansion of the road Burgas - Sunny Beach is yet to be completed.
Heavy traffic along the southern Bulgarian Black Sea coast is expected during the weekend, BNR notes.
- » German Transplant Patient to Receive Liver from Bulgarian Donor
- » Outgoing Justice Minister Calls for Consensus on Priority Goals
- » Trade Union: ¼ of Bulgarian Households Below Poverty Threshold
- » Fatal Traffic Accidents in Bulgaria See Dramatic Increase – Expert
- » Child Beggars in Bulgaria's Capital 'Numbering 400'
- » Firefighters Protest in Varna