'Officers'' Beach in Varna To Remain Closed At Least Till Monday
The “Officers'” beach in Varna will remain closed at least until Monday, reports Darik Radio.
“This is when the test results of the sea water will come out,” said Dr. Veselina Bozhilova of the Regional Health Inspectorate in Varna.
The beach was closed for visitors yesterday, as test results from June 30 showed that the sea water was contaminated with Escherichia Coli and Enterococcus bacteria.
“The contamination was way above the normal levels,” said Dr. Bozhilova.
The water contamination poses risk of enteric infections and secretory system ailments.
This is the second contamination with fecal matter at the “Officers'” beach in the last two years. The main culprit is the so-called Shokerov canal, which flows through Varna and pours into the sea at this beach.
- » Uriah Heep to Perform in Bulgaria's Ruse on May 7
- » Bulgarian Government Approves National Youth Programme
- » Train Crash in Germany Leaves at Least Several Dead
- » Egypt's 'Indiana Jones' to Reveal Details of Tutankhamun's Death in Sofia Lecture
- » Romanian Man Dies in Skiing Accident in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » Two Migrants Die from Cold Exposure near Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey