'Officers'' Beach in Varna To Remain Closed At Least Till Monday
The “Officers'” beach in Varna will remain closed at least until Monday, reports Darik Radio.
“This is when the test results of the sea water will come out,” said Dr. Veselina Bozhilova of the Regional Health Inspectorate in Varna.
The beach was closed for visitors yesterday, as test results from June 30 showed that the sea water was contaminated with Escherichia Coli and Enterococcus bacteria.
“The contamination was way above the normal levels,” said Dr. Bozhilova.
The water contamination poses risk of enteric infections and secretory system ailments.
This is the second contamination with fecal matter at the “Officers'” beach in the last two years. The main culprit is the so-called Shokerov canal, which flows through Varna and pours into the sea at this beach.
- » Bulgarian Teachers to Receive 15% Pay Rise This Fall
- » Yellow Code Announced for 7 Districts in Bulgaria Over Intense Rain
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Day of Education, Culture, Slavonic Alphabet
- » Many Clouds, Short Rains in Many Places in the Afternoon, with Thunders
- » Children From I to XII Grade in Bulgarian Schools Abroad Could be Taught in Bulgarian Language
- » In First Quarter of 2017, 926 100 Bulgarians Made Tourist Trips