'Officers'' Beach in Varna To Remain Closed At Least Till Monday
The “Officers'” beach in Varna will remain closed at least until Monday, reports Darik Radio.
“This is when the test results of the sea water will come out,” said Dr. Veselina Bozhilova of the Regional Health Inspectorate in Varna.
The beach was closed for visitors yesterday, as test results from June 30 showed that the sea water was contaminated with Escherichia Coli and Enterococcus bacteria.
“The contamination was way above the normal levels,” said Dr. Bozhilova.
The water contamination poses risk of enteric infections and secretory system ailments.
This is the second contamination with fecal matter at the “Officers'” beach in the last two years. The main culprit is the so-called Shokerov canal, which flows through Varna and pours into the sea at this beach.
- » Journalists, Teachers Drink Most Coffee – Survey
- » Some 5-10% of Bulgarian Children Abroad Go to Bulgarian Schools
- » Sofia Mayor Orders Constant Monitoring of Waterbodies Over Heavy Rainfalls
- » Bulgarian Village Demands that Immigrants Leave Accommodation Site by end-October
- » Parents Oppose Admission of Refugee Children to School in W Bulgaria
- » 4 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Alert due to Heavy Rains