Russian FM Sergey Lavrov to Visit Bulgaria July 7
Russia's Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov is due to arrive in Bulgaria to meet his counterpart Kristian Vigenin on July 7.
He is to mark the 135th anniversary since diplomatic relations were established between Bulgaria and Russia, the Foreign Ministry in Sofia said in a statement to the media.
Lavrov and Vigenin are to sign agreement outlining cooperation in healthcare and medicine.
A joint press conference is scheduled for 14:300 EEST.
President Rosen Plevneliev and Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski are also to receive the Russian Foreign Minister.
The visit has been in preparation for weeks.
- » Bulgaria to Back New Sanctions on Russia if Minsk Deal Fails
- » Bulgaria Foreign Minister 'Working on Ukraine Visit'
- » Germany's Merkel Remains Cautious over Romania's Schengen Bid
- » US Embassy Stands Up for Foundation Accused of Financing Protest Network
- » Bulgarian PM, Georgian Parliament Speaker Discuss Energy, Tourism
- » Merkel: Security in Europe Needs to be Built with Russia