Chief Prosecutor to Examine Alleged Breaches of Agri Fund Officials
Bulgaria's Agriculture Minister has submitted a tip-off to Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov against officials of the State Fund Agriculture (SFA) for flawed project approval.
Dimitar Grekov, as cited by Trud daily, made clear that the report to Tsatsarov contained a summary of multiple complaints of beneficiaries under the Rural Development Program.
The information was said to have been submitted to Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and to the Public Financial Inspection Agency 20 days ago.
Grekov pointed out that he did not want to disclose more details until the completion of the probe in order to avoid slandering.
Meanwhile, the Agriculture Minister has been trying to replace the Chair of the SFA, Miroslav Nikolov, and his Deputy, Violeta Alexandrova, for almost a month, but the two have claimed that the problem lies with the Agriculture Ministry and its failure to specify a certifying authority of the Rural Development Program.
- » Bulgaria's Ombudsman Could Seek Rejection of Disputed New Election Rules
- » Over 60% of Car Drivers Tested for Drugs in Sofia Area Test Positive
- » Bulgarians Abroad Right to Protest over Election Rules - Ombudsman
- » Bulgaria's PM Meeting Expats over Electoral Code Row
- » EU Team Analyzing Bulgaria's Prosecution to Arrive in May
- » Bulgaria Govt Endorses Spending of BGN 20.5 M for Disaster Management