Hemus Highway Construction Workers to Stage Protest Over Unpaid Wages
Employees of Bulgaria's Avtomagistrali-Tcherno More construction company will stage a peaceful protest on Monday due to unpaid salaries.
The unpaid wages for April and May come up to BGN 1.3M and according to Petya Stoyanova, deputy head of the company, the payment is delayed by the Road Infrastructure Agency. As of June 27 the total sum due is about BGN 12M, although construction work is done on schedule.
A total of 450 employees will gather in front of the Regional administration in a silent protest on Monday. Workers threaten to block traffic on Hemus highway as well.
As of July 4, the protesters demand the resignation of the head of the Road Infrastructure Agency Stefan Chaykov, Nova Tv reports.
Avtomagistrali – Tcherno More company is a contractor on a stretch of the Hemus highway and employs 670 people, 450 of whom are members of the trade union at the Confederation of Independent Trade Unions in Bulgaria (CITUB).
- » Manchester bombing: 3 Arrested in South Manchester
- » Bulgaria Will Work to Attract More Italian Investors
- » Conference „Prevention of Problem Payments in Utility Sector“
- » Romanian Media: Bulgaria Offers Very Good Tourist Services
- » Bulgaria Still Behind Most of EU in Mobile Shopping
- » Enhanced Security Measures Along Bulgarian Summer Resorts