Bulgarian Authorities Apprehend Wanted for Terrorism Belgian Citizen
A Belgian citizen, wanted for terrorism, was apprehended by Bulgarian authorities upon trying to enter Bulgaria at the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint with Turkey, reports Nova TV.
According to the reports, he is wanted for participation in terrorist organisation and on his name is issued an international extradition order.
The 24-year-old man is from Congo but has Belgian citizenship. He told the border police he was wounded in battle at the Turkish-Syrian border.
According to medics, his condition is serious – he suffers from open fractures of the legs, burns and infected wounds. He was taken to the Haskovo hospital where the court placed him under arrest.
According to Nova TV, the man was a jihad warrior, member of an Al Quaeda related organisation.
- » EUR 85,500 were Seized at Sofia Airport
- » Corpse of a Woman Without Head, Arms and Legs was Found in Copenhagen
- » Customs Officers Discovered Nearly 1kg of Contraband Gold Jewelry in a Secret Compartment of a Truck
- » Young Girl Found Dead in Elevator in Burgas
- » Man, 64, 'shot his 42-year-old wife in Sofia
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering