Bulgarian Authorities Apprehend Wanted for Terrorism Belgian Citizen
A Belgian citizen, wanted for terrorism, was apprehended by Bulgarian authorities upon trying to enter Bulgaria at the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint with Turkey, reports Nova TV.
According to the reports, he is wanted for participation in terrorist organisation and on his name is issued an international extradition order.
The 24-year-old man is from Congo but has Belgian citizenship. He told the border police he was wounded in battle at the Turkish-Syrian border.
According to medics, his condition is serious – he suffers from open fractures of the legs, burns and infected wounds. He was taken to the Haskovo hospital where the court placed him under arrest.
According to Nova TV, the man was a jihad warrior, member of an Al Quaeda related organisation.
- » Bomb Threats Close All Banks in Bulgaria's Razgrad
- » Embezzelement Trial against Bulgarian Consultancy Head Suspended
- » Man Who Joked about Bomb on Polish Plane Released on Bail
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Arrest of Polish Man over Plane Bomb 'Joke'
- » EU Sofia Heating Utility Boss Gets Final 3-Year Sentence
- » Controversial Bulgarian Judge Dismissed