Bulgarian Authorities Apprehend Wanted for Terrorism Belgian Citizen
A Belgian citizen, wanted for terrorism, was apprehended by Bulgarian authorities upon trying to enter Bulgaria at the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint with Turkey, reports Nova TV.
According to the reports, he is wanted for participation in terrorist organisation and on his name is issued an international extradition order.
The 24-year-old man is from Congo but has Belgian citizenship. He told the border police he was wounded in battle at the Turkish-Syrian border.
According to medics, his condition is serious – he suffers from open fractures of the legs, burns and infected wounds. He was taken to the Haskovo hospital where the court placed him under arrest.
According to Nova TV, the man was a jihad warrior, member of an Al Quaeda related organisation.
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan
- » 8 were Killed and 10 Injured in a Minibus Explosion in the Syrian city of Homs