Bulgarian MPs Traveled 1.7M Kilometers in One Year
Last year Bulgarian MPs have traveled over 1.7 million km in their official vehicles which is approximately 44 times the length of the Earth's Equator.
Coalition for Bulgaria's MP Plamen Slavov has traveled more than 50,000 km, Bulgarian private TV station BTV reports quoting data released by the Parliament. Plamen Zhelyazkov from the same party has spent over 48,600 km on the road.
Socialist Emil Kostadinov, Hasan Hadzhihasan from Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), and Neli Petrova from the opposition party GERB are also among the top traveling Bulgarian MPs.
Members of Parliament who visit their electoral districts with their own cars are paid travel expenses which come up to more than BGN 938,000 in about a year.
MP's salaries run up to over BGN 11.1M and the representation expenses are for about BGN 4.9M, BTV informs.
- » Government will Increase the Salaries of Prison Staff
- » National Assembly has Adopted Rules for the Election of Deputy Chairperson and Members of the Anti-Corruption Body
- » Electronic Ticket in Sofia - in 2019
- » Controlled Water Release from Ticha Dam Continues
- » The Cabinet Decides Whether to Grant Easter Supplements to Pensions
- » 7 Years after the Start of the Toll System all Roads will be Repaired