Raid on Ukraine's pro-Russian Activists 'Kills 150 Rebels' - Army
Ukrainain forces say at least 150 rebels have been killed during heavy fighting in the east of the country.
According to Kiev officials, the army virtually sealed off the town of Mykolayivka after attacking six posts of separatists.
Four soldiers were reportedly injured as a result, the KyivPost wrote Friday.
No official comments have been made by the leadership of the self-proclaimed "Donetsk People's Republic", which claims control over the region where Mykolayivka lies.
Clashes between pro-Russian activists in Ukraine's Donetsk and Luhansk regions were renewed after a temporary ceasefire between rebels and so-called "anti-terrorist" units expired this week.
Wednesday saw a fresh diplomatic initiative to deescalate the situation, with Foreign Ministers of Ukraine, Russia, Germany and France agreeing to start talks on a new truce in the Donbass by Saturday.
Kiev's leadership is however adamant that another ceasefire is possible only if both sides observe it.
The government and the rebels blame each other for failing to lay down arms in end-July.
- » Estonia says Russia May Put Troops in Belarus to Challenge NATO
- » Angela Merkel: 'EU-Turkey Ties 'Severely Hit' by Ankara Developments'
- » Trump Says He Won't Pull US Out of NAFTA
- » Large Blast and Fire at Damascus Airport: Syrian Observatory
- » EU Launches Legal Action Against Hungary Over Education Law
- » France Says Samples From April 4 Syria Chemical Attack Prove Government Used Sarin