Raid on Ukraine's pro-Russian Activists 'Kills 150 Rebels' - Army
Ukrainain forces say at least 150 rebels have been killed during heavy fighting in the east of the country.
According to Kiev officials, the army virtually sealed off the town of Mykolayivka after attacking six posts of separatists.
Four soldiers were reportedly injured as a result, the KyivPost wrote Friday.
No official comments have been made by the leadership of the self-proclaimed "Donetsk People's Republic", which claims control over the region where Mykolayivka lies.
Clashes between pro-Russian activists in Ukraine's Donetsk and Luhansk regions were renewed after a temporary ceasefire between rebels and so-called "anti-terrorist" units expired this week.
Wednesday saw a fresh diplomatic initiative to deescalate the situation, with Foreign Ministers of Ukraine, Russia, Germany and France agreeing to start talks on a new truce in the Donbass by Saturday.
Kiev's leadership is however adamant that another ceasefire is possible only if both sides observe it.
The government and the rebels blame each other for failing to lay down arms in end-July.
- » Facebook Loses Nearly $50 Billion In Value
- » French Rail Strike Turning into Major Challenge For Macron
- » Paris Mulls Free Public Transport to Reduce Pollution
- » Kosovo Оpposition Use Tear Gas to Delay Parliament Vote on Montenegro Border Deal
- » Poland Seeking Compensation for World War Two Destruction
- » Second Day of Questioning for Sarkozy on whether Gaddafi has Financed him