Grigor Dimitrov Faces Novak Djokovic in Wimbledon Semifinals
Bulgaria's best tennis player Grigor Dimitrov will play against the world's current number 2 Novak Djokovic in Wimbledon semifinals at 3pm EEST on Friday.
Dimitrov reached semifinals after beating defending champion Andy Murray with 6:1, 7:6 (4), 6:2 on Wednesday.
Dimitrov's historic victory made him the first Bulgarian to break into the Top 10 of the Emirates ATP Rankings.
Dimitrov is wary of the Serbian's capabilities. "We all know how Novak is competing and how he's playing when he's at his top level," he said. "I'm of course not expecting an easy match. I know it's going to be a battle. I've just got to be really, really composed,” Bulgaria's top tennis player told atpworldtour.com.
"I think we're both going to really want that match. Of course, he has the experience and all that behind him. But at the same time, I've been playing great tennis. I believe in my skills at the moment," Dimitrov claimed.
- » Samuel Eto'o Confirms Participation in Stoichkov's Birthday Show
- » Bulgaria's Pamporovo Hosts European Cup Ladies' Slalom
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Hristo Stoichkov Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- » Bautista Agut Triumphs in First Edition of Sofia Open
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup
- » Bulgarian Head of State Demonstrates Football Skills at La Bombonera Stadium