Bulgarian Customs Bust Dutch Citizen for Drugs Smuggling for BGN 0.5M
A total of 50,000 methamphetamine tablets were seized by Bulgaria's Customs agency employees at Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint.
The drugs were found in a van with Dutch registration exiting the country. The customs inspectors performed a thorough inspection during which a total of 8 plastic bags containing pink pills were found under one of the seats. The drug test showed that the tablets were positive for methamphetamine. The total weight of the tablets was 9.549 kg, and they are worth over BGN 0.5M, the Customs agency reports.
The driver of the van, a Dutch citizen, was detained and pre-trial proceedings have been initiated.
- » GERB MP Agrees to Have Immunity Lifted over Investigation
- » Arrested Attacker Confesses to Armed Robbery Attempt in Bulgaria’s Sredetz
- » Two People Killed in Two Separate Incidents in Southern Bulgaria
- » Attempt for Armed Robbery Leaves One Attacker Dead in Bulgaria's Sredets
- » 3460 Vehicles Were Stolen in Bulgaria in 2015
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Migrant Smuggling Ring