Bulgarian Customs Bust Dutch Citizen for Drugs Smuggling for BGN 0.5M
A total of 50,000 methamphetamine tablets were seized by Bulgaria's Customs agency employees at Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint.
The drugs were found in a van with Dutch registration exiting the country. The customs inspectors performed a thorough inspection during which a total of 8 plastic bags containing pink pills were found under one of the seats. The drug test showed that the tablets were positive for methamphetamine. The total weight of the tablets was 9.549 kg, and they are worth over BGN 0.5M, the Customs agency reports.
The driver of the van, a Dutch citizen, was detained and pre-trial proceedings have been initiated.
- » Jihadis 'Traveling on Fake Passports from Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria Earns Praise from Europol for Busting Workshop for Forged Euro Notes
- » Cash Machine Stolen in Bulgaria’s Velingrad
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 29 Migrants Near Vratsa
- » Bulgaria Parliament ex-Official Faces Renewed Tax Evasion Trial
- » Bulgarian Counter-Intelligence Official Goes to Court for Disclosing 'State Secret'