Bulgarian Customs Bust Dutch Citizen for Drugs Smuggling for BGN 0.5M
A total of 50,000 methamphetamine tablets were seized by Bulgaria's Customs agency employees at Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint.
The drugs were found in a van with Dutch registration exiting the country. The customs inspectors performed a thorough inspection during which a total of 8 plastic bags containing pink pills were found under one of the seats. The drug test showed that the tablets were positive for methamphetamine. The total weight of the tablets was 9.549 kg, and they are worth over BGN 0.5M, the Customs agency reports.
The driver of the van, a Dutch citizen, was detained and pre-trial proceedings have been initiated.
- » Four Items Stolen from Cathedral in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Bulgarian National Sought in Interpol Anti-Smuggling Operation
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Crime Group Making Fake Identity Documents
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Illegal Distillery in Monastery in Pomorie
- » IntMin: 424 Organised Crime Groups Operate in Bulgaria
- » Armed Robbery of Office Takes Place in Sofia