Bulgarian Customs Bust Dutch Citizen for Drugs Smuggling for BGN 0.5M
A total of 50,000 methamphetamine tablets were seized by Bulgaria's Customs agency employees at Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint.
The drugs were found in a van with Dutch registration exiting the country. The customs inspectors performed a thorough inspection during which a total of 8 plastic bags containing pink pills were found under one of the seats. The drug test showed that the tablets were positive for methamphetamine. The total weight of the tablets was 9.549 kg, and they are worth over BGN 0.5M, the Customs agency reports.
The driver of the van, a Dutch citizen, was detained and pre-trial proceedings have been initiated.
- » Ex Svilengrad Customs Office Chief Released on Bail
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Burglary Ring
- » Secretary of Bulgarian Anti-Human Trafficking Commission Charged with Corruption
- » Bulgaria’s Security, Technical OPS Agencies Report Increase in Surveillance Equipment Requests
- » Bulgaria Strategically Situated along Balkan Drug Trafficking Route – US Department of State
- » Bulgaria Seizes 11 Kg Heroin in Serbia-Registered Car