Opera in the Park Festival Begins in Bulgaria's Sofia
The summer festival Opera in the Park organized annually by Bulgaria's Sofia Opera and Ballet in the Park of the National Military Academy will be held between July 4-July 27.
The festival program includes the ballet Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky, Giselle by Adolphe Adam, Don Quixote by Ludwig Minkus and Zorba the Greek by Mikis Theodorakis, Bulgaria's National Radio informs.
The children's program includes favorite children's operas and musicals such as Hansel and Gretel by Engelbert Humperdinck, and The Magic Flute by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Tickets can be purchased from the Sofia Opera and Ballet at the price of BGN 15, 20, 30 and 40. Tickets for children's performances are priced at BGN 10.
The event is part of the calendar of cultural events of the Sofia Municipality for 2014 and is organized in support of the application of Sofia and the South-Western Region for European Capital of Culture 2019.
- » Bulgarian National TV Begins Preparations for Hosting Junior Eurovision
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers Greet Bulgarian Audience Prior to May Performance
- » New High-Tech Theater Performance Premieres in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President Calls for Turning Cinema into National Priority
- » New Spring Season of Future Shorts Film Festival Comes to Sofia
- » Bulgarian Fantasy Animation Based on Traditional Folklore to be Released Soon