Investments In Gold, Precious Metals Increase – Brokers
There is a sharp increase in investments in gold and other precious in Bulgaria, shows a survey of the Bulgarian National Radio among brokers.
According to them, this was a new trend for the country and they still cannot explain the reasons for the new interest in precious metals.
“Golden ingots and investment coins turn out to be the most attractive investment recently,” Blagovest Belev, manager of a company specialising in gold trade, told the radio. “In June we had an 80% increase in sales of investment gold, compared to May – mostly of ingots and coins. It is normal – gold is an asset, which is stabled in financial crises.”
According to Belev, gold does not bring profit, but investments are not lost either. In his word, the new investors in gold were people from all walks of life.
“We have young people with good income, IT specialists, for example, who are seeking investment options,” he said. “We have elderly people who are turning their savings into gold as a safe investment. We have middle-aged people – entrepreneurs and business people, as well as ordinary employees who worry about their savings.”
- » Bulgaria's FinMIn Foresees No Serious Impact of Brexit
- » Sofia Airport Reports 16 % Increase in Passenger Numbers in May
- » FDI in Bulgaria Drops 45% Y/Y in January-April 2016
- » Bulgaria’s C-Bank to Publish Currency Exchange Rates by 6 p.m. on Workdays
- » Average Monthly Insurable Income in Bulgaria Was BGN 740.85 in Year to April 30
- » Former PM Oresharski Warns of Possible Greek-style Debt Crisis in Bulgaria