Investments In Gold, Precious Metals Increase – Brokers
There is a sharp increase in investments in gold and other precious in Bulgaria, shows a survey of the Bulgarian National Radio among brokers.
According to them, this was a new trend for the country and they still cannot explain the reasons for the new interest in precious metals.
“Golden ingots and investment coins turn out to be the most attractive investment recently,” Blagovest Belev, manager of a company specialising in gold trade, told the radio. “In June we had an 80% increase in sales of investment gold, compared to May – mostly of ingots and coins. It is normal – gold is an asset, which is stabled in financial crises.”
According to Belev, gold does not bring profit, but investments are not lost either. In his word, the new investors in gold were people from all walks of life.
“We have young people with good income, IT specialists, for example, who are seeking investment options,” he said. “We have elderly people who are turning their savings into gold as a safe investment. We have middle-aged people – entrepreneurs and business people, as well as ordinary employees who worry about their savings.”
- » Bulgarian Household Deposits Rise 7% Y/Y as of End-July 2016
- » FDI in Bulgaria Down 18.7% Y/Y in H1 2016
- » Bulgaria's C-Bank Publishes Stress Tests Report
- » Stress Test Shows Bulgarian Banks Are Stable - C-Bank
- » Bulgaria's Budget Surplus Revenues 'to Be Invested in Poorer Regions'
- » Bulgaria’s Gross Foreign Debt Dips 1.3% Y/Y in May 2016