Donations for Flood Victims in Bulgaria Approach BGN 2 M
The two major donation drives for flood victims in Bulgaria have gathered a total of BGN 1 816 466 as of Wednesday.
The Bulgarian Red Cross (BRC) campaign for SMS, online and bank transfer donations has gathered BGN 877 947, as of July 2. Around 800 000 BGN were donated through bank transfers and online payment systems, according to the BRC chairperson Hristo Grigorov.
He told journalists that the donation drive is continuing. The collected so far sum will be allocated by a public committee, whose first meeting is to take place today.
Meanwhile, the largest donations campaign DMS Varna, of the Bulgarian Charity Aid Foundation, has collected BGN 938 519, the majority of which came through the SMS campaign.
The report on the foundation website, shows that a small part of the donations has been spent on equipment for the volunteers taking part in the cleanup operations in Varna and Dobrich. The rest of the sum will be allocated by a public committee.
This campaign also ongoing.
- » Unique 4th Century Mosaics Discovered in Plovdiv's Large Basilica
- » Dordrecht Museum To Host Oldest Gold of Humankind Exhibition, Varna Treasure
- » Zamunda.Net, Zamunda.SE Become Inaccessible
- » Bulgaria Ransk Last in Europe in Terms of Organ Donors
- » Plane Crashes at Malta Airport, At Least 5 Victims Reported
- » Number of Migrants Who Left Bulgaria's Accommodation Centers Bubbles