Bulgaria's Sofia Municipality To Construct Flood Early Warning System
Bulgaria's Sofia Municipality began the construction of an information system for the prediction and the early warning in case of danger of flooding.
Krasimir Dimitrov, head of Public order and security in the Sofia Municipality explained that the project is developed together with the Ministry of Education of Germany and that a number of hydrometric stations are under construction, Bulgaria's National Radio (BNR) informs.
“They provide a model of the state of the rivers that pose a threat of overflowing. This will enable us to take preventive actions and to warn the population of the flood waves. The stations will be located at 11 sites. This will not depend on the forecast. We will use a software based on the information for the quantity of overflowing waters,” Dimitrov told BNR.
A drill ground will be built in Sofia for training of volunteers. The first stage of the drill ground will be completed in 2014 and it will be fully constructed in 2015.
- » Bulgaria's SAC Revokes Fingerprint Identification for Hospital Patients
- » MIHALKOVO: the Only Company For Naturally Aerated Water in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks World Theater Day with Ikar Awards
- » Bulgaria Switches Back to Daylight Saving Time on Sunday Morning
- » Orthodox Bulgaria Celebrates Annunciation
- » Earth Hour Campaign Will be Marked For The 10th Time