Bugarian MEP Filiz Hyusmenova Gets ALDE Deputy Chair Seat
Filiz Hyusmenova, who represents co-ruling DPS in the European Parliament, is the new deputy head of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats in Europe (ALDE)'s group.
The announcement, made by Hyusmenova herself and quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio, comes briefly after it was reported that former Environment Minister Iskra Mihaylova, also from the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), is a likely candidate to head the Regional Development Committee at the European Parliament.
EP is due to decide who will take over the Committee on July 7.
In another European Parliament group, that of the European People's Party (EPP), GERB MEP Mariya Gabriel earlier also gained a Deputy Chairperson's office.
- » The EC is Considering Setting Up a New Energy Agency
- » The First Informal Meeting of EU Energy Ministers is Held in Sofia
- » Bulgaria and 15 other EU Countries will Work For a European Supercomputer
- » Bulgaria will Participate with 14 Projects at the European Space Agency
- » Bulgaria's Presidency of the EU Council is Halfway through but the Cultural Program has not Begun
- » 24 EU Countries Sign Artificial Intelligence Pact in Bid to Compete with US & China