Bugarian MEP Filiz Hyusmenova Gets ALDE Deputy Chair Seat
Filiz Hyusmenova, who represents co-ruling DPS in the European Parliament, is the new deputy head of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats in Europe (ALDE)'s group.
The announcement, made by Hyusmenova herself and quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio, comes briefly after it was reported that former Environment Minister Iskra Mihaylova, also from the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), is a likely candidate to head the Regional Development Committee at the European Parliament.
EP is due to decide who will take over the Committee on July 7.
In another European Parliament group, that of the European People's Party (EPP), GERB MEP Mariya Gabriel earlier also gained a Deputy Chairperson's office.
- » Bulgaria Adopts EUR 113.5 M Maritime and Fisheries Program 2014-2020
- » Finance Ministry Holding Talks on EUR 800 M Loan by EIB
- » MEPs to Hear Kristalina Georgieva on October 2
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt Approves Cooperation Schemes under EU Programs
- » Bulgaria Reaffirms Willingness to Help Kiev Build Closer Ties with EU
- » Bulgaria's Georgieva to Be Questioned by 3 EP Committees