Bugarian MEP Filiz Hyusmenova Gets ALDE Deputy Chair Seat
Filiz Hyusmenova, who represents co-ruling DPS in the European Parliament, is the new deputy head of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats in Europe (ALDE)'s group.
The announcement, made by Hyusmenova herself and quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio, comes briefly after it was reported that former Environment Minister Iskra Mihaylova, also from the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), is a likely candidate to head the Regional Development Committee at the European Parliament.
EP is due to decide who will take over the Committee on July 7.
In another European Parliament group, that of the European People's Party (EPP), GERB MEP Mariya Gabriel earlier also gained a Deputy Chairperson's office.
- » Bulgaria Suffered Financial Corrections worth BGN 166M by end-2013
- » Bulgaria's Georgieva to Be Appointed EU Budget Commissioner - Report
- » President Plevneliev: Bulgaria’s Georgieva Will Be Awarded ‘Strong Economic Portfolio’
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Calls for Common EU Energy Strategy
- » Good Luck, Kristalina!
- » Bulgaria to Seek EC Aid for Damages worth BGN 5-10M Caused by Russian Embargo