Bugarian MEP Filiz Hyusmenova Gets ALDE Deputy Chair Seat
Filiz Hyusmenova, who represents co-ruling DPS in the European Parliament, is the new deputy head of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats in Europe (ALDE)'s group.
The announcement, made by Hyusmenova herself and quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio, comes briefly after it was reported that former Environment Minister Iskra Mihaylova, also from the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), is a likely candidate to head the Regional Development Committee at the European Parliament.
EP is due to decide who will take over the Committee on July 7.
In another European Parliament group, that of the European People's Party (EPP), GERB MEP Mariya Gabriel earlier also gained a Deputy Chairperson's office.
- » Bulgaria Granted Citizenship to 808 Foreign Nationals in 2013 - Eurostat
- » EU Commission President Thanks for Bulgarian Contribution to Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria Ranked at Bottom of Migrant Integration Index
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 100 M to Juncker Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria’s Agriculture Fund Pays BGN 703 000 to Farmers Affected by Russian Embargo
- » EU Reaches Preliminary Deal to Scrap Mobile Roaming Fees by mid-2017