Interior Minister: There Will Be More Arrests For the Bank Panic
There will be more arrests, connected to the bank panic of last week, said Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev in Parliament.
According to him the new arrests will most likely be this week.
Yovchev added that the situation was already calming and urged the people to put their savings back in the banks which are absolutely stable. “What we witnessed last week was the result of lack of trust in the institutions on one hand and a disgusting criminal attack, on the other,” Yovchev said.
He also said he fully supports the proposed amendments, criminalising the spreading of bank-related panic and speculations.
According to Yovchev, the cases with the two banks that fell victim to rumours - the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB) and the First Investment Bank - were unrelated to each other.
- » One in Four Bulgarians to Vote for GERB in Next Elections – Poll
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
- » Fiasco and Hope After Bulgarian Government Resignation - Der Standard
- » President Rosen Plevneliev Urges Full Disclosure of 'KTB Files'
- » President Plevneliev: Parliament to Solve Key Tasks Before Dissolution
- » GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate