Interior Minister: There Will Be More Arrests For the Bank Panic
There will be more arrests, connected to the bank panic of last week, said Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev in Parliament.
According to him the new arrests will most likely be this week.
Yovchev added that the situation was already calming and urged the people to put their savings back in the banks which are absolutely stable. “What we witnessed last week was the result of lack of trust in the institutions on one hand and a disgusting criminal attack, on the other,” Yovchev said.
He also said he fully supports the proposed amendments, criminalising the spreading of bank-related panic and speculations.
According to Yovchev, the cases with the two banks that fell victim to rumours - the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB) and the First Investment Bank - were unrelated to each other.
- » Bulgaria MPs' Appointments to Permanent Committees Get Mixed Reception
- » PM Borisov Calls Emergency Cabinet Meeting on Monday
- » Bulgaria's GERB Has No Plan B in Case Patriots Withdraw Support
- » Bulgaria's DPS Expels 2 MPs over Use of Preference Vote
- » National Security Head: No Direct Terror Threat to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Labor Minister to Push for Minimum Wage Hike