Bulgaria's Andrey Kovachev to Be EP Quaestor
Bulgarian conservative GERB's MEP Andrey Kovachev has been elected to be among the five Quaestors of the European Parliament, the EPP group said in a statement.
In a message entitled For the First Time a Bulgarian Is Elected to the Leadership of EP, the European People's Party (EPP) assured that "no Bulgarian" had ever assumed such a high position within the Parliament.
Kovachev was elected through anonymous voting.
Alongside other four quaestors, he is to be in charge of administrative, financial and social rights of MEPs and is to ensure they are enjoying an favourable working environment.
After the vote Kovachev added he would focus on reducing the administrative burden imposed on MEPs so that they could concentrate on their usual activities in Parliament.
- » Bulgaria PM Urges Commitment to EU-Turkey Migrant Deal, Hotspots Outside Europe
- » Bulgaria Waiting for Canadian Visa Waiver Timetable Soon
- » Bulgaria To Receive EUR 108 M in Assistance in Few Weeks
- » Fresh EU Aid for Bulgaria Not Earmarked for Building New Border Fences
- » EU's Border and Coast Guard 'to Be Launched from Bulgaria'
- » Juncker Demands More Frontex Staff on Bulgaria-Turkey Border