Bulgaria's Andrey Kovachev to Be EP Quaestor
Bulgarian conservative GERB's MEP Andrey Kovachev has been elected to be among the five Quaestors of the European Parliament, the EPP group said in a statement.
In a message entitled For the First Time a Bulgarian Is Elected to the Leadership of EP, the European People's Party (EPP) assured that "no Bulgarian" had ever assumed such a high position within the Parliament.
Kovachev was elected through anonymous voting.
Alongside other four quaestors, he is to be in charge of administrative, financial and social rights of MEPs and is to ensure they are enjoying an favourable working environment.
After the vote Kovachev added he would focus on reducing the administrative burden imposed on MEPs so that they could concentrate on their usual activities in Parliament.
- » Bulgaria's New MEPs to Stress Refugee Issues, Eurozone Accession
- » Bulgarian DPS Party Supports Georgieva's EU Foreign Policy Chief Bid
- » EIB to Assist Bulgarian Railway Infrastructure Co in Tariff Formation
- » EC Approves Bulgaria's Public Procurement Strategy 2014-2020
- » EU Regional Policy Commissioner: Bulgaria to Sign PA with EC Very Soon
- » Georgieva Is Bulgaria's EU Foreign Policy Chief Candidate - PM