Bulgaria's Andrey Kovachev to Be EP Quaestor
Bulgarian conservative GERB's MEP Andrey Kovachev has been elected to be among the five Quaestors of the European Parliament, the EPP group said in a statement.
In a message entitled For the First Time a Bulgarian Is Elected to the Leadership of EP, the European People's Party (EPP) assured that "no Bulgarian" had ever assumed such a high position within the Parliament.
Kovachev was elected through anonymous voting.
Alongside other four quaestors, he is to be in charge of administrative, financial and social rights of MEPs and is to ensure they are enjoying an favourable working environment.
After the vote Kovachev added he would focus on reducing the administrative burden imposed on MEPs so that they could concentrate on their usual activities in Parliament.
- » President Radev on Vatican Visit
- » Bulgaria Needs More Reforms Before It Can Join Euro -ECB's Praet
- » Sofia, Athens Continue Exchange on Issues, Related to Future of EU and Migration
- » Angela Merkel Stands for Bulgaria in Front of the European Commission
- » Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva Takes Part In Rhodes Conference for Security and Stability
- » Bulgaria is the Country with the Most Road Traffic Deaths