Bulgaria's Andrey Kovachev to Be EP Quaestor
Bulgarian conservative GERB's MEP Andrey Kovachev has been elected to be among the five Quaestors of the European Parliament, the EPP group said in a statement.
In a message entitled For the First Time a Bulgarian Is Elected to the Leadership of EP, the European People's Party (EPP) assured that "no Bulgarian" had ever assumed such a high position within the Parliament.
Kovachev was elected through anonymous voting.
Alongside other four quaestors, he is to be in charge of administrative, financial and social rights of MEPs and is to ensure they are enjoying an favourable working environment.
After the vote Kovachev added he would focus on reducing the administrative burden imposed on MEPs so that they could concentrate on their usual activities in Parliament.
- » Bulgaria Loses Most Revenues From Illicit Cigarettes Sales in EU
- » Bulgaria Considering Anti-Arms Trafficking Centre to Boost EU Security
- » Bulgarian Village Protests against Landfill Project near Historic Monument
- » Bulgaria's Justice Minister Visits Romania to Discuss Anti-Graft Policies
- » EU Funds Act to Ensure Sustainability, Accountability - Bulgaria’s Deputy PM
- » Bulgaria Has Absorbed EU Funding for Transport Infrastructure of EUR 1.5 B