Bulgaria's Andrey Kovachev to Be EP Quaestor
Bulgarian conservative GERB's MEP Andrey Kovachev has been elected to be among the five Quaestors of the European Parliament, the EPP group said in a statement.
In a message entitled For the First Time a Bulgarian Is Elected to the Leadership of EP, the European People's Party (EPP) assured that "no Bulgarian" had ever assumed such a high position within the Parliament.
Kovachev was elected through anonymous voting.
Alongside other four quaestors, he is to be in charge of administrative, financial and social rights of MEPs and is to ensure they are enjoying an favourable working environment.
After the vote Kovachev added he would focus on reducing the administrative burden imposed on MEPs so that they could concentrate on their usual activities in Parliament.
- » Oettinger Vows Oversight of Mobile Operators over End of Roaming Fees in EU in 2017
- » EU Grants EUR 1.9 M to Bulgaria for Flood Recovery
- » Greece’s Stability Important for Bulgaria, Borisov Tells Tusk
- » Bulgaria's Agriculture to Be Granted EUR 7.5 B EU in Next Years
- » New Operational Program in Bulgaria to Improve SME’s Access to External Financing
- » Bulgaria Granted Citizenship to 808 Foreign Nationals in 2013 - Eurostat