Bulgaria's Andrey Kovachev to Be EP Quaestor
Bulgarian conservative GERB's MEP Andrey Kovachev has been elected to be among the five Quaestors of the European Parliament, the EPP group said in a statement.
In a message entitled For the First Time a Bulgarian Is Elected to the Leadership of EP, the European People's Party (EPP) assured that "no Bulgarian" had ever assumed such a high position within the Parliament.
Kovachev was elected through anonymous voting.
Alongside other four quaestors, he is to be in charge of administrative, financial and social rights of MEPs and is to ensure they are enjoying an favourable working environment.
After the vote Kovachev added he would focus on reducing the administrative burden imposed on MEPs so that they could concentrate on their usual activities in Parliament.
- » Sofia Seeks to Headquarter European Medicines Agency
- » European Parliament Increases Financing for Bulgaria in EU Budget 2017
- » Creditors To Be Able To Demand Freezing of Accounts of Creditors Abroad
- » European Funds Contribute to 4% Increase of Bulgaria's GDP for 2015
- » EU Wants Bulgaria to Explain Allegations against Fisheries Agency Head
- » Bulgaria Govt Approves CETA Trade Deal