Bulgaria's Andrey Kovachev to Be EP Quaestor
Bulgarian conservative GERB's MEP Andrey Kovachev has been elected to be among the five Quaestors of the European Parliament, the EPP group said in a statement.
In a message entitled For the First Time a Bulgarian Is Elected to the Leadership of EP, the European People's Party (EPP) assured that "no Bulgarian" had ever assumed such a high position within the Parliament.
Kovachev was elected through anonymous voting.
Alongside other four quaestors, he is to be in charge of administrative, financial and social rights of MEPs and is to ensure they are enjoying an favourable working environment.
After the vote Kovachev added he would focus on reducing the administrative burden imposed on MEPs so that they could concentrate on their usual activities in Parliament.
- » PM Borisov, PES Leader Discuss Migrant Crisis, Bulgaria's Schengen Accession
- » Two Bulgarians Get Jail Terms in Sweden for Running Begging Scheme
- » Bulgaria Urges EU to Help Normalize Traffic at Border with Greece
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 50 000 to EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa
- » Avramopoulos: Bulgaria's Border Guarding Efforts Are Key to European Stability
- » EU Migration Commissioner to Visit Bulgaria's Elhovo