Smuggling Attempt of Great Quantity of Antiques Prevented in Bulgaria
An attempt to smuggle 70 kilograms of antiques has been prevented through a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security, the Interior Ministry and the Customs agency.
The artifacts have been seized from a vehicle with Bulgarian registration at the checkpoint Vidin – Danube Bridge.
The shipment of objects of cultural and historical significance included different in shape and type objects of yellow and white metal, silver, bronze, lead, copper, ceramics, bone dating back to the antiquity, the Roman era, the Middle Ages and the Renaissance – a total of 23 915 coins, rings, bracelets, earrings, beads, chains, medallions, tiles with Latin inscriptions, medical instruments, among others.
In subsequent investigative actions on the territory of Bulgarian city of Burgas were found and seized more than 13,354 coins with a total weight of 30 kg.
- » Serbia Arrests Bulgarian National for Trafficking Afghan Refugees
- » Burgas Bombing 'Raised Hezbollah Suspicions of Double Agent'
- » Bulgaria's DANS Apprehends Three Terrorist Suspects at Border
- » Seven Bulgarians Arrested in Belgrade for Intending to Stage Protest
- » Bulgarian Man Arrested by Macedonian Police for Human Smuggling Attempt
- » IntMin Confirms with High Degree of Certainty Missing Petko Sertov Left for Greece