Smuggling Attempt of Great Quantity of Antiques Prevented in Bulgaria
An attempt to smuggle 70 kilograms of antiques has been prevented through a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security, the Interior Ministry and the Customs agency.
The artifacts have been seized from a vehicle with Bulgarian registration at the checkpoint Vidin – Danube Bridge.
The shipment of objects of cultural and historical significance included different in shape and type objects of yellow and white metal, silver, bronze, lead, copper, ceramics, bone dating back to the antiquity, the Roman era, the Middle Ages and the Renaissance – a total of 23 915 coins, rings, bracelets, earrings, beads, chains, medallions, tiles with Latin inscriptions, medical instruments, among others.
In subsequent investigative actions on the territory of Bulgarian city of Burgas were found and seized more than 13,354 coins with a total weight of 30 kg.
- » Bulgarian Authorities 'Arrested Varna-Based Criminal Gang'
- » Bulgarian, Pakistan Citizens Arrested for Helping Foreign Nationals Stay in Bulgaria Illegally
- » Bulgarian Court Rules to Extradite Paris Terror Suspect to France
- » Russian Mobster with Fake Bulgarian Passport Arrested in Vienna
- » 15 Bulgarian Border Policemen Suspected of Human Trafficking
- » Detained French Terror Suspect 'Knew Nothing' of Charlie Hebdo Attack Plans