Smuggling Attempt of Great Quantity of Antiques Prevented in Bulgaria
An attempt to smuggle 70 kilograms of antiques has been prevented through a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security, the Interior Ministry and the Customs agency.
The artifacts have been seized from a vehicle with Bulgarian registration at the checkpoint Vidin – Danube Bridge.
The shipment of objects of cultural and historical significance included different in shape and type objects of yellow and white metal, silver, bronze, lead, copper, ceramics, bone dating back to the antiquity, the Roman era, the Middle Ages and the Renaissance – a total of 23 915 coins, rings, bracelets, earrings, beads, chains, medallions, tiles with Latin inscriptions, medical instruments, among others.
In subsequent investigative actions on the territory of Bulgarian city of Burgas were found and seized more than 13,354 coins with a total weight of 30 kg.
- » Irish Revenue Seize over 18,000 Smuggled Cigarettes Originating from Bulgaria, Ukraine
- » Homeless Person Accused for Fire in Plovdiv's Tobacco Warehouse
- » Bulgaria Charges Four Afghans with Attempted Smuggling of 29 Syrian Migrants from Turkey
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 13 Irregular Migrants on Trakia Motorway
- » Former Road Infrastructure Agency Chief found innocent in scandalous court case
- » Bulgaria to Turn over Mourad Hamyd to France