Smuggling Attempt of Great Quantity of Antiques Prevented in Bulgaria
An attempt to smuggle 70 kilograms of antiques has been prevented through a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security, the Interior Ministry and the Customs agency.
The artifacts have been seized from a vehicle with Bulgarian registration at the checkpoint Vidin – Danube Bridge.
The shipment of objects of cultural and historical significance included different in shape and type objects of yellow and white metal, silver, bronze, lead, copper, ceramics, bone dating back to the antiquity, the Roman era, the Middle Ages and the Renaissance – a total of 23 915 coins, rings, bracelets, earrings, beads, chains, medallions, tiles with Latin inscriptions, medical instruments, among others.
In subsequent investigative actions on the territory of Bulgarian city of Burgas were found and seized more than 13,354 coins with a total weight of 30 kg.
- » Bulgaria Drops Case against Border Police Officer Who Shot Migrant
- » Four Items Stolen from Cathedral in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Bulgarian National Sought in Interpol Anti-Smuggling Operation
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Crime Group Making Fake Identity Documents
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Illegal Distillery in Monastery in Pomorie
- » IntMin: 424 Organised Crime Groups Operate in Bulgaria