European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » Borisov Discussed Preparations for the EU-Turkey Meeting with the Turkish Ambassador
- » 174 People Spent the Night at the Crisis Centre For Homeless People in the Capital
- » Bulgarian PM Discussed the Future Turkey-EU Meeting with Turkish Ambassador in Bulgaria - Hasan Ulusoy
- » The New Catalan Parliament Starts its Work Today
- » "For" and "Against" the Istanbul Convention Today in Parliament
- » A Motion of no Confidence Enters the National Assembly Today