European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » Another Smolyan Village Completely Deserted
- » Deputy PM Simeonov Discusses the Problems and Rights of Bulgarians in Ukraine
- » PM Borisov: We have in Fact Fulfilled the Numerical Criteria for Entering the Currency II Mechanism
- » Russia Begins Production of Turkey’s S-400 Air Defense Systems
- » The Leaders of North and South Korea will Meet in the Military Line between the Countries
- » Bulgarian Media Mogul Peevski Sells 50% of his Print Media Business