European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » PF Urges Power Price Freeze, Anti-Crime Steps Ahead of Talks with GERB
- » ALDE President: Bulgaria Should Form Govt without Nationalist Formations
- » Bulgaria’s President to Take Part in European Council Meeting Oct 23-24
- » Dimitar Vladimirov Appointed Deputy Head of State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
- » Bulgaria Remits 84% of Afghanistan's Debt
- » Subsidies for Political Parties in Bulgaria Up 10 Times in 10 Years