European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » Bulgaria’s PM, Georgian Counterpart Discuss Bilateral Cooperation
- » Kapitan Andreevo Border Crossing Point Switches to Card Payments Only for Toll Fees as of June
- » Bulgarian Dairy Farmers to Stage National Protest, Block Road
- » Ex-Foreign Min Warns against Bulgaria's Harsh Tone on Russia
- » Bulgaria's Neynski 'In Talks over Turkey Mission'
- » Foreign Ministry Has No Info about Bulgarian Officials Being Denied US Visas