European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister, Estonian Ambassador: EU’s Security Requires Solidarity, Unity
- » Bulgarian Trade Union Seeks Minimum Wage Increase to BGN 400
- » EU Commission to Go On with CVM Reports on Bulgaria, Romania
- » Romania Could Outpace Bulgaria in Schengen Accession - Deputy PM
- » KTB Majority Shareholder to Demand Int'l Expertise on Bank Insolvency
- » Bulgaria PM Renews Calls on C-Bank Governor to Resign