European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » Leader of ATAKA: I am Not Sure if I will Support the Upcoming Mistrust Vote
- » France and the United Kingdom have Signed a Border Security Agreement
- » Undercover Agents will Watch for Dirty Buses and Rude Drivers in the Capital
- » A Total of BGN 2.91 billion will be Paid to the Bulgarian Farmers
- » UN Presents New Proposals on Greece-Macedonia Name Dispute
- » Bulgarian PM: There is no Greener Government than Ours