European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » Bulgaria Registers 2 % Decrease in Unemployment in 2014 – Eurostat
- » New Fence at Border with Turkey Will Be 4 Times More Expensive
- » Bulgarian Government Dismisses Director of Employment Agency
- » Bulgaria, Switzerland to Cooperate on Raising Motivation of Prosecutors
- » Defence Minister Confirms NATO Is to Station Command Centre in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Has Capacity To Host More Refugees