European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » Two Bulgarians Get Jail Terms in Sweden for Running Begging Scheme
- » Bulgaria Urges EU to Help Normalize Traffic at Border with Greece
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 50 000 to EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa
- » Bulgarian FM Has No Information on Turkey Banning Entry of DPS Founder, MP
- » DPS's Dogan, Peevski 'Barred from Entering Turkey'
- » Avramopoulos: Bulgaria's Border Guarding Efforts Are Key to European Stability