European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » Bulgaria Getting Ready for Mass Refugee Influx
- » Canada Abolishes Visas for Bulgarians As Of December 1, 2017
- » Bulgarian MPs: Ceiling of 35 Voting Sections Abolished for EU countries
- » Mestan: Oresharski Is Not DPS' Real Candidate
- » Donald Tusk: Russia's Strategy Is To Weaken EU
- » Syria Threatens To Shoot Down Turkish Aircraft in Breach of Its Airspace