European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » Bulgaria's Ex-PM Has Highest Approval Rating - Poll
- » Bulgarian Cartoonists Launch New Satirical Newspaper amid Election Campaign
- » Harsh UK Immigration Plan amid Fear 'Half of Bulgaria and Romania' Will Come
- » Five Parties to Enter Parliament in Bulgaria's Early Election - Poll
- » Bulgaria's Election Officials Play Down Machine Voting Failure
- » Electronic Voting Scrapped in Bulgaria's Snap Election