European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » Bulgaria’s Ex-President Parvanov Hints at Possibility to Run Again
- » Bulgarian Project Wins Natura 2000 Award
- » New Deputy Agriculture Minister to Oversee EU's Fisheries Policy in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria IntMin Reports 30 % Drop in Number of Illegal Migrants in 2016
- » Bulgaria’s Garmen Braces for New Protest against Illegal Roma Dwellings
- » Bulgarian Socialists to Decide at Referendum on Left-wing Alliance for Presidential Vote