European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » Bulgaria's Deputy PM Predicts No Good Scenarios for EU after Brexit
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Calls for EU In/Out Referendum after Brexit
- » Bulgaria Ready to Grant Citizenship to UK Expats - PM
- » Bulgaria's Rivaling Socialist Parties to Attend United Russia Congress
- » Bulgaria's FM: No Apocalypse after Brexit
- » Brexit Raises Questions About Bulgaria's EU Chairmanship in 2018