European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » MPs Chose Tsveta Karayancheva as the New Parliament Speaker
- » Gen. Dunford: The US Loses its Military Superiority over Russia and China
- » The Czech President Predicts Russia in the EU
- » Speaker of the National Assembly Dimitar Glavchev Resigned
- » Macedonian PM: 'We Are not Only Friends with Bulgaria, but We Have Become Allies
- » 402 Cases of Violence Against Children and 39 Cases of Violence Against Teachers in 2017