European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » A Bulgarian Horo is Going to Take Place For the 5th Time on Brussels’ Central Square
- » 53 Illegal Migrants Caught When Trying to Pass Danuv Bridge
- » France Elects Their President Today
- » Georgy Gergov Resigned From BSP
- » The BSP’s Plenary Session Аrgue if The Fall of Gergov is Part of The Current Political Scene
- » BSP Party Wants Georgy Gergov To Resign