European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » GERB Leader Boyko Borisov Returns Mandate
- » Outgoing PM Plamen Oresharski: I Have No Regrets
- » Resignation 'Will Not Lead to Economic Recovery' - BIA Chairman
- » Outgoing FM: Bulgaria Vulnerable to New EU Sanctions against Russia
- » Bulgarian Outgoing Ministers React to Cabinet Resignation
- » Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova Does Not Want to Be a Minister