European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » Overhaul of Bulgaria's Outlook 2020 Needed – General Miho Mihov
- » Overhauled Version of Bulgaria's Outlook 2020 to Be Unveiled Wednesday
- » Germany OKs Arms Deliveries to Kurds in Fight against IS
- » Bulgaria Has Failed to Solve Many Problems Identified Prior to EU Accession – British MEP
- » Ukrainian Ambassador to Bulgaria Calls for Greater Consolidation, Consistency in Western Sanctions against Russia
- » Bulgaria to Pledge Army Budget Hike at NATO Summit