European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
- » Bulgarian Farmers Invited to Apply for EU Funding of EUR 50 M for New Equipment
- » Bulgaria’s Tsetska Tsacheva To Participate in 4th World Conference of Speakers of Parliament
- » Poland to Overhaul Six Bulgarian MiG-29 Fighter Jets by end-2016
- » Bulgaria Ready to Increase Number of Troops Assisting Border Police
- » Poland’s Defense Minister to Meet with Bulgarian Counterpart in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Gendarmerie to Assist in Guarding Border with Turkey