IntMin Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov Re-Appointed for 5-year Term
Current Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov was re-appointed for a five-year term, reports Dnevnik.bg.
The government decision for the appointment was taken in accordance with the new Interior Ministry Act, which came into effect yesterday, said Interior Ministry Tsvetlin Yovchev.
“The chief secretary is not a political appointment, but a professional figure,” Yovchev said. “So the position should not be influenced by political processes in any way.”
Up until now, each newly appointed interior minister, usually appointed a new chief secretary.
- » National Security Head: No Direct Terror Threat to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Labor Minister to Push for Minimum Wage Hike
- » Bulgarian Nationalists Threaten Gov't over Appointment of Sofia Governor
- » Ivaylo Kalfin Appointed Chair of National Council for Tripartite Cooperation
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Dismisses Nearly All District Governors
- » Bulgaria Deputy DefMin 'Threat to National Security' - Patriotic Front