IntMin Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov Re-Appointed for 5-year Term
Current Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov was re-appointed for a five-year term, reports Dnevnik.bg.
The government decision for the appointment was taken in accordance with the new Interior Ministry Act, which came into effect yesterday, said Interior Ministry Tsvetlin Yovchev.
“The chief secretary is not a political appointment, but a professional figure,” Yovchev said. “So the position should not be influenced by political processes in any way.”
Up until now, each newly appointed interior minister, usually appointed a new chief secretary.
- » Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Loses Case for Sitnyakovo Palace at Second Instance Court
- » Bulgaria 'Should Avail Itself of Developments in Greece'
- » Bulgaria C-Bank's Outgoing Chair 'Was Reelected Under Pressure' - Former FinMin
- » Salaries in Bulgarian Administration Will Not Rise in 2016
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry to Stage New Protests
- » Bulgaria MPs Pass Bill Allowing Expats to Vote in Referendums