IntMin Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov Re-Appointed for 5-year Term
Current Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov was re-appointed for a five-year term, reports Dnevnik.bg.
The government decision for the appointment was taken in accordance with the new Interior Ministry Act, which came into effect yesterday, said Interior Ministry Tsvetlin Yovchev.
“The chief secretary is not a political appointment, but a professional figure,” Yovchev said. “So the position should not be influenced by political processes in any way.”
Up until now, each newly appointed interior minister, usually appointed a new chief secretary.
- » Bulgaria Opposition Submits No-Confidence Motion over Healthcare Policies
- » Bulgaria Plans Deeper Army Involvement in Guarding of Borders
- » Bulgaria MPs Grant National Security Body Right to Process Passengers Flight Data
- » Ex-Leader of Bulgaria's DPS Reveals Details on New Political Party
- » Bulgarian PM Appoints Deputy Education Minister
- » Bulgarian TV Show to Submit Petition for Holding Six-Point Referendum