The Interior Ministry Is Bulgaria's Largest Employer
The Interior Ministry is Bulgaria's largest employer with 49 000 employees, reports the 24 Chasa daily.
This is the first time the ministry provides official information on the number of employees, which includes administration, police officers, fire fighters, Civil Protection Agency, border police, the anti terrorism squad, the Criminology Institute, Interior Ministry Hospital, Police Academy, etc.
In 2013, the largest employer in Bulgaria was the National Railway Infrastructure company, with 13 000 employees.
- » Roma People in Garmen Refuse Social Assistance
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Fire Causes Death of Two People in Downtown Sofia
- » No Risk for Bulgaria from Forest Fires Around Ukraine’s Chernobyl
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US Says Was Subject to Hack Attack
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen