The Interior Ministry Is Bulgaria's Largest Employer
The Interior Ministry is Bulgaria's largest employer with 49 000 employees, reports the 24 Chasa daily.
This is the first time the ministry provides official information on the number of employees, which includes administration, police officers, fire fighters, Civil Protection Agency, border police, the anti terrorism squad, the Criminology Institute, Interior Ministry Hospital, Police Academy, etc.
In 2013, the largest employer in Bulgaria was the National Railway Infrastructure company, with 13 000 employees.
- » 61% of Bulgarians Have Not Heard of Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire
- » Hundreds Protest, Demand Resignation of Bulgarian Culture Minister
- » EU Grant Sponsors Restoration of Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Sentimental Swingers to Present New Album in Sofia
- » Ros Rossin's Portrait of Maya Angelou Featured on US Postage Stamp
- » Cities Across Bulgaria-Turkey Border at Odds over Park Name