Bulgarian Tourists Prefer Serbia's Belgrade for City Breaks
More and more Bulgarian tourists choose the Serbian capital Belgrade for short holidays or the so-called city breaks.
For the first five months of 2014 the number of Bulgarians, who have traveled to the Serbian capital, increased by 60 percent on an annual basis, said Miodrag Popovic, Director of the Tourist Organization of Belgrade, as quoted by Dnevnik.
Bulgarian tourist volume is growing very fast, added Popovic. Because of the increased interest, in September the organization will present on the Bulgarian market the opportunities to celebrate the New Year's holidays in the Serbian capital.
Bulgaria and Serbia have similar cultures and traditions, but there are differences and hopefully Bulgarian tourists would like to get acquainted with them, Popovic said.
Recently, after 15 years of interruption the air connection between Belgrade and Sofia was restored by Air Serbia.
The tourist organization of Novi Sad claimed that many Serbs like to visit Bulgarian ski and coastal resorts, Dnevnik informs. Bulgaria, Greece and Montenegro are the three top destinations for Serbs when going on a holiday abroad.
- » Bulgaria Leads in Early Bookings for Summer 2016 at TUI Russia
- » Two Bulgarian Resorts Rank Among Ten Cheapest Destinations for Russian Tourists
- » Bulgaria's Koprivshtitsa Ranks Among 30 Most Beautiful Towns in Europe
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Increased by 15.4 % Y/Y in December 2015
- » German Tourism Weekly: 'Smells Like Bulgarian Summer'
- » Bulgaria’s Plovdiv Vying for Title of European Best Destination 2016