Former GERB MP Krasimir Stefanov Leaves Parliament
Bulgarian MP Krasimir Stefanov announced he was leaving the parliament and requested the termination of his powers as a deputy,
Tuesday. Stefanov was a member of the center-right opposition GERB party, however a few months ago he left the parliamentary group and became an independent MP, BGNES reminds.
On leaving the party of GERB Stefanov said: "I become an independent MP, so that finally something in this parliament depends on me, as I am disappointed by the way it functions. I only see nonsense and political attacks and no expert attitude towards the projects. In my opinion, the agenda of the parliament, the way in which parliamentary groups act, the way MPs speak and vote depends on no more than 10 people,” Dnevnik reported.
The news of Stefanov's resignation comes on the same date as Bulgaria’s ultranationalist Ataka party leader Volen Siderov announced his MPs will not enter anymore parliament sessions.
- » Council of Europe Presented a Migration Report on Bulgaria
- » Bomb Alert Near the Presidency was False (Updated)
- » Restrictions on 'Struma' Motorway
- » Police Received a Signal For Bomb Alert Near the Presidency
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act