Chinese Consortium to Invest BGN 20 M in Bulgaria's Karlovo
A Chinese venture is planning to invest in production of probiotics and synbiotics in the Bulgarian town of Karlovo, municipal officials have revealed.
Local authorities signed on June 6 a preliminary agreement with the consortium, and details are due to be clarified later this month, Karlovo Municipal Council Chairman Stoyo Karagenski was quoted by Dariknews.bg as saying.
The deal was struck in the presence of Chinese Embassy representatives, Karagenski added.
He explained some months ago the businessmen tested in Chinese hospitals some probiotics made in Bulgaria and were satisfied with the results.
In his words, more Chinese investment into tourism and luxury properties is in sight, with the Municipality already in talks with other firms from the world's second-largest economy.
- » Exports of Bulgarian Wine Decreased More than 3 Times Over a Decade
- » FLYING Cars will be in the Air Within the Next Five Years
- » Taxi Companies From Plovdiv Want Changes in the Road Transport Act
- » Iraq Seeks $88.2 bln For Reconstruction
- » Appeals Threaten to Delay Greek-Bulgarian Pipeline
- » Gazprom Set an Absolute Record for European Gas Exports in 2017