Chinese Consortium to Invest BGN 20 M in Bulgaria's Karlovo
A Chinese venture is planning to invest in production of probiotics and synbiotics in the Bulgarian town of Karlovo, municipal officials have revealed.
Local authorities signed on June 6 a preliminary agreement with the consortium, and details are due to be clarified later this month, Karlovo Municipal Council Chairman Stoyo Karagenski was quoted by Dariknews.bg as saying.
The deal was struck in the presence of Chinese Embassy representatives, Karagenski added.
He explained some months ago the businessmen tested in Chinese hospitals some probiotics made in Bulgaria and were satisfied with the results.
In his words, more Chinese investment into tourism and luxury properties is in sight, with the Municipality already in talks with other firms from the world's second-largest economy.
- » Economy Minister Points to IT as Fastest-Developing Industry in Bulgaria
- » Russian Economic Crisis Has Negative Effect on Bulgarian Industry - DW
- » US Sensata Building Second Manufacturing Plant in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Investment Agency to Establish Regional Unit in Plovdiv
- » Bulgarians Have Drunk 100 M Litres of Wine in 2014
- » Bulgarian PC Brand Pravetz to Start Selling Laptops in January