Camillo Placi Resigns as Bulgarian Volleyball Coach
Camillo Placi has resigned as head coach of Bulgaria’s national men’s volleyball team, following the poor results in the World League.
Bulgaria is in last place of Pool B, with just 1 win in its 10 games so far.
Placi took charge of the national team in 2012, and led it to a memorable 4th place in the 2013 European Championships. Prior to that, he was an assistant coach of the team.
The Italian has cited “personal motives” for his departure. In the remaining 2 World League matches against Russia this week, his assistant Nayden Naydenov will be in charge, after which the federation will name a new coach for the World Championships in Poland this fall, Sportal.bg informed.
The Bulgarian Volleyball Federation expressed its gratitude for Placi’s contribution over the years and wished him well in his future endeavors.
- » Slavia vs Levski is the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup
- » Perfect Start for Grigor Dimitrov in Barcelona
- » Mohamed Salah: Liverpool Forward Voted PFA Player of the Year 2017-18
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beat David Goffin in Quarter-finals
- » Breaking News: Arsen Wenger is Leaving Arsenal at the End of the Season
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reached the Quarter-finals in Monte Carlo