Camillo Placi Resigns as Bulgarian Volleyball Coach
Camillo Placi has resigned as head coach of Bulgaria’s national men’s volleyball team, following the poor results in the World League.
Bulgaria is in last place of Pool B, with just 1 win in its 10 games so far.
Placi took charge of the national team in 2012, and led it to a memorable 4th place in the 2013 European Championships. Prior to that, he was an assistant coach of the team.
The Italian has cited “personal motives” for his departure. In the remaining 2 World League matches against Russia this week, his assistant Nayden Naydenov will be in charge, after which the federation will name a new coach for the World Championships in Poland this fall, Sportal.bg informed.
The Bulgarian Volleyball Federation expressed its gratitude for Placi’s contribution over the years and wished him well in his future endeavors.
- » Football Club "Malmö" FF Lifted the 20th Title of Sweden
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Take Part in Tennis Tournament in Vienna
- » Official: There will be No Match Between Pulev and Joshua
- » Nadal Proved to be too Strong for Dimitrov
- » The Construction of a New National Football Stadium Outside the City Center is being Considered
- » Implants in the Body of Athletes to for Doping Control