Agriculture Minister to Demand Agriculture Fund Management Resignation
Bulgaria's Agriculture Minister will demand the resignation of the management of the State Fund Agriculture at a board meeting on Thursday.
Minister Dimitar Grekov explained his decision with the many irregularities in the management of the institution, Bulgaria's National Radio (BNR) reported.
If the State Fund Agriculture management board does not meet on Thursday, a total of BGN 60M farmers aid may not be allocated in the next two months, Grekov warned.
The Agriculture Minister voiced his doubts that the meeting may fail again, because the Ministries of Finance and the Economy do not appoint their representatives and so the management body can not reach the quorum. Grekov refused to comment whether this was a deliberate boycott, BNR informed.
In case of a meeting on Thursday, Minister Grekov will demand the resignation of the Executive Director of the Fund and of his deputy stating as a reason the numerous complaints from farmers for the lack of communication and the frequent change of regulations.
- » Bulgarians Expect Situation in Turkey to Worsen after Failed Coup Attempt - Poll
- » Bulgarian PM Warns of Rising Migration Pressure along Southern Border
- » Chief Prosecutor: 'Thin' Line between Anti-Terror Measures, Human Rights
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 45 Migrants Crossing into Serbia
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Welcomes Turkey Coup
- » Bulgaria, US to Boost Exchange of Data on Terrorism, Financial Crime