Agriculture Minister to Demand Agriculture Fund Management Resignation
Bulgaria's Agriculture Minister will demand the resignation of the management of the State Fund Agriculture at a board meeting on Thursday.
Minister Dimitar Grekov explained his decision with the many irregularities in the management of the institution, Bulgaria's National Radio (BNR) reported.
If the State Fund Agriculture management board does not meet on Thursday, a total of BGN 60M farmers aid may not be allocated in the next two months, Grekov warned.
The Agriculture Minister voiced his doubts that the meeting may fail again, because the Ministries of Finance and the Economy do not appoint their representatives and so the management body can not reach the quorum. Grekov refused to comment whether this was a deliberate boycott, BNR informed.
In case of a meeting on Thursday, Minister Grekov will demand the resignation of the Executive Director of the Fund and of his deputy stating as a reason the numerous complaints from farmers for the lack of communication and the frequent change of regulations.
- » Bulgarian MPs: Ceiling of 35 Voting Sections Abolished for EU countries
- » Mestan: Oresharski Is Not DPS' Real Candidate
- » Anti-Refugee Protests To Be Held in Sofia, Varna, Yambol
- » Merely 2% of Bulgarians Use Flu Vaccines
- » Complaints Against Toplofikatsiya Sofia Increase by 216% in One Year
- » Bike Rental Network To Become Operational in Sofia in 2017