Agriculture Minister to Demand Agriculture Fund Management Resignation
Bulgaria's Agriculture Minister will demand the resignation of the management of the State Fund Agriculture at a board meeting on Thursday.
Minister Dimitar Grekov explained his decision with the many irregularities in the management of the institution, Bulgaria's National Radio (BNR) reported.
If the State Fund Agriculture management board does not meet on Thursday, a total of BGN 60M farmers aid may not be allocated in the next two months, Grekov warned.
The Agriculture Minister voiced his doubts that the meeting may fail again, because the Ministries of Finance and the Economy do not appoint their representatives and so the management body can not reach the quorum. Grekov refused to comment whether this was a deliberate boycott, BNR informed.
In case of a meeting on Thursday, Minister Grekov will demand the resignation of the Executive Director of the Fund and of his deputy stating as a reason the numerous complaints from farmers for the lack of communication and the frequent change of regulations.
- » The EC Lawsuit Against Bulgaria Ends with a Ban on New Constructions in Kaliakra
- » Prosecutor General Tsatsarov Moves to Lift Immunity of GERB MP Zhivko Matinov
- » Bulgarian Minister of Justice: 'A New Prison to be Built in Kremikovtzi'
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party to Ask the Specialised Prosecutor’s Office to Publish a List of Politicians Funded by KTB
- » The Swedish Tourist who Attacked a Hotel Worker in Sunny Beach has been Released from Custody
- » Customs officers Found over 260 Liters of Illegally Produced Alcohol from an Internet Ad