Agriculture Minister to Demand Agriculture Fund Management Resignation
Bulgaria's Agriculture Minister will demand the resignation of the management of the State Fund Agriculture at a board meeting on Thursday.
Minister Dimitar Grekov explained his decision with the many irregularities in the management of the institution, Bulgaria's National Radio (BNR) reported.
If the State Fund Agriculture management board does not meet on Thursday, a total of BGN 60M farmers aid may not be allocated in the next two months, Grekov warned.
The Agriculture Minister voiced his doubts that the meeting may fail again, because the Ministries of Finance and the Economy do not appoint their representatives and so the management body can not reach the quorum. Grekov refused to comment whether this was a deliberate boycott, BNR informed.
In case of a meeting on Thursday, Minister Grekov will demand the resignation of the Executive Director of the Fund and of his deputy stating as a reason the numerous complaints from farmers for the lack of communication and the frequent change of regulations.
- » RB Warns Proposed Change to Pension Law Might Destabilise Coalition
- » Bulgaria's Socialist Party Demands Cancellation of Sanctions against Russia
- » Tsvetan Tsvetanov Blames 'Russian Interests' for Fall of Previous Borisov Government
- » Bulgarian MPS to Deliberate Amendments to IntMin Act
- » Bulgaria's Govt Approves Updated Judicial Reform Strategy
- » Striking Bulgarian Coal Miners End Protest over Delayed Pay