Israel Blames Hamas for Murdered Teens, Launches Air Strikes
Israel has started conducting air strikes on Hamas sites in Gaza, after the bodies of three Jewish youths were found in the southern West Bank.
The boys were kidnapped 19 days ago while trying to hitch a ride from the West Bank. Israel has blamed Hamas for the murders, but the organization has denied the accusations.
"This evening, we found three bodies and all the signs indicate that they are the bodies of our three kidnapped youngsters. They were kidnapped and murdered in cold blood by human animals. Hamas is responsible and Hamas will pay”, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated, quoted by The Guardian.
Overnight, some 40 airstrikes hit Gaza, and two of the prime suspects’ homes were completely destroyed, CNN reported, citing local sources. Unconfirmed reports claim that 6 Palestinians have been killed by the Israeli forces since the abduction of the three teens.
The Palestinian Authority has also been blamed by Israel of bearing some responsibility, as the abduction and murders took place on its administered territory.
- » European Court Issues EUR 2 B Verdict in Yukos Affair
- » Ukraine Parliament Rejects PM Yatsenyuk's Resignation
- » CoE: Grey Economy Results in Losses of EUR 40 B per year in Romania
- » Slovenia Re-Launches Privatization of 15 State-Owned Companies
- » Russia Forced to Pay USD 50 B to Former Yukos Owners
- » Romania, US to Launch Observation Flights over Russia, Belarus