Bulgaria's Pension Levels Increase Slightly
The Supervisory Board of Bulgaria's National Social Security Institute will introduce a 2.7% increase to pensions granted by December 31, 2013 as of July 1, 2014.
The new pensions are calculated taking into account the inflation rate and the insurable earnings growth. This means that the minimum pension for length of service and age becomes BGN 154.50 and the maximum – BGN 840. The social pension will amount to BGN 113, Darik news reports.
The National Social Security Institute reminds that pensions payments will begin on July 7.
The increase will cost the budget BGN 120M and concerns some 2 million people in Bulgaria.
- » Plovdiv to Host 56th National Archaeological Conference
- » Foreign Students of Bulgaria Descent with Access to Bulgarian Universities
- » Emergency hospital Pirogov to Receive as Donation First Ambulance for Newborns and Children in Bulgaria
- » Today it Will be Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures 20°-25°
- » Sofia Hosts World Congress in Viticulture and Winemaking
- » 4 People Dead, 15 Injured in Road Accidents During the Past Day