Bulgaria's Pension Levels Increase Slightly
The Supervisory Board of Bulgaria's National Social Security Institute will introduce a 2.7% increase to pensions granted by December 31, 2013 as of July 1, 2014.
The new pensions are calculated taking into account the inflation rate and the insurable earnings growth. This means that the minimum pension for length of service and age becomes BGN 154.50 and the maximum – BGN 840. The social pension will amount to BGN 113, Darik news reports.
The National Social Security Institute reminds that pensions payments will begin on July 7.
The increase will cost the budget BGN 120M and concerns some 2 million people in Bulgaria.
- » Lab Tests Show Radioactivity in Water Pipe in SW Bulgaria
- » Lifeguards Warn Of Dangerous Swells Along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
- » Parliament Passes At First Reading NZOK Budget Update
- » August in Bulgaria: Rain in the West, Sun at the Seaside
- » Roma Protesters End Railroad Blockade in Sofia
- » Village near Stara Zagora Holds Sod-Turning Event for Waste Plant