Law Enforcement Made 98 258 Requests for Internet Traffic Data
In 2013 Bulgaria's special services, police, prosecution and courts made 98 258 requests for information on consumers' internet and phone traffic, reports Sega daily.
This, according to a report of the Parliamentary committee for control on security agencies and electronic information access, is three times more than in 2010.
Around 20 000 of the requests have been granted.
The committee concluded that “the trend of growing numbers of requests for information on internet traffic and phone communications is established”. The report points out that in many cases the requests were inefficient, violated the rules or were made before an actual investigation was started. In such occasions the traffic data was reportedly used for “operational purposes”, i.e. someone was checking something because of some suspicions or unsubstantiated allegations.
- » Painter Salvador Dali's Body to be Exhumed For Paternity Suit
- » Yellow Code for Heat in 16 Regions, Thunders Expected in 10
- » Three Dead, One in Serious Condition After Car Accidents in Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather Today, Maximum Temperatures 31°-36°
- » Two dead, 18 injured in car accidents in last 24 hours
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer