Bulgaria's Central Bank Cuts Main Interest Rate
Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has lowered the benchmark interest rate from 0.05% to 0.03%.
The measure comes into force just a day after BNB announced it would slash interest rates on deposits at the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), Bulgaria's fourth-largest bank which was placed under special supervision in mid-June after its Governing Council requested the step citing exhaustion of liquidity.
KTB and its subsidiary Credit Agricole Bulgaria saw rates reduced to their medium market level for the banking system.
- » Average Wage in Bulgaria Increased 4-fold in 2000-2015
- » Bulgaria Wins “Most Impressive Borrower in CEE” Award
- » Over 1 Million Bulgarians Have Monthly Income of up to BGN 340
- » Bulgaria, World Bank Discuss Sustainable Growth Policies
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry Boasts Successful Placement of 5-Year BGN-Denominated Govt Securities
- » Bulgaria Can Offer Favorable Investment Conditions to Qatar – Minister Goranov