Bulgaria's Central Bank Cuts Main Interest Rate
Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has lowered the benchmark interest rate from 0.05% to 0.03%.
The measure comes into force just a day after BNB announced it would slash interest rates on deposits at the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), Bulgaria's fourth-largest bank which was placed under special supervision in mid-June after its Governing Council requested the step citing exhaustion of liquidity.
KTB and its subsidiary Credit Agricole Bulgaria saw rates reduced to their medium market level for the banking system.
- » Gov't to Seek BGN 300 M from Internal Market
- » Tsvetan Vasilev to Make Proposal on KTB within Days – Central Bank
- » Bulgaria's Public Debt Sees Significant Increase in July
- » Protests to Be Staged in Support of KTB Across Bulgaria
- » BGN 2 Banknote Replaced with Coin in 2015
- » Protest Rally in Sofia Demands KTB Reopening