Bulgaria's Central Bank Cuts Main Interest Rate
Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has lowered the benchmark interest rate from 0.05% to 0.03%.
The measure comes into force just a day after BNB announced it would slash interest rates on deposits at the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), Bulgaria's fourth-largest bank which was placed under special supervision in mid-June after its Governing Council requested the step citing exhaustion of liquidity.
KTB and its subsidiary Credit Agricole Bulgaria saw rates reduced to their medium market level for the banking system.
- » FDI in Bulgaria Falls 34% Y/Y for January-May - C-Bank
- » Bulgaria, Iran to Deepen Economic Ties, Fight Against Tax, Customs Fraud
- » Inspections Along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast Brought Extra BGN 200 M in Revenues
- » Bulgaria Posts Budget Surplus of 3.1% of GDP for End-May
- » Bulgaria Expects BGN 3.09 Budget Surplus for H1 2016
- » Pensions in Bulgaria Increase by 2.6 %