Bulgaria's Central Bank Cuts Main Interest Rate
Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has lowered the benchmark interest rate from 0.05% to 0.03%.
The measure comes into force just a day after BNB announced it would slash interest rates on deposits at the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), Bulgaria's fourth-largest bank which was placed under special supervision in mid-June after its Governing Council requested the step citing exhaustion of liquidity.
KTB and its subsidiary Credit Agricole Bulgaria saw rates reduced to their medium market level for the banking system.
- » Bulgaria C-Bank Governor 'Likely to Resign end-November'
- » Bulgaria Plans to Reintroduce 10% Bank Deposit Interest Tax
- » Sofia Court Suspends Insolvency Proceedings Against KTB
- » Bulgaria's C-bank Unveils Two-Lev Coin
- » Bulgaria C-bank Orders Victoria Bank to Start Servicing Depositors from Dec 12
- » Bulgaria's Deposit Insurance Fund Head Resigns