Experts Predict Fragmented Parliament after Early Elections
Bulgaria’s next parliament will be considerably fragmented and no party will have a clear majority, sociologists have agreed.
“It is very likely that we will have a fragmented parliament after October’s elections, with up to 6 parties represented – GERB, BSP, Bulgaria without Censorship, DPS, the Reformist Bloc, and ABV. Despite that, I believe a strong majority coalition can be formed. There is no doubt that GERB will win the elections again, and this time they have a reliable partner in the face of the Reformist Bloc”, Dimitar Ganev from Gallup Agency commented.
Kolyo Kolev from Mediana predicts a more uncertain political situation after the early elections.
“With the likely broad configuration of the new parliament, we could be faced once again with a stalemate, and a period of uncertainty. We could witness long attempts to form a 2-party, 3-party, or even 4-party coalition.”
On the election campaign, Kolev is certain that “there will be nothing positive in it”, and the accent will fall on “causing panic and fear among the population, that the country is faced with bankruptcy”.
Both Ganev and Kolev agree that the date for the elections, October 5, is reasonable.
- » Bulgaria Could Be Allocated EUR 160 M on Flood, Landslide Prevention
- » Bulgaria's Nedelino Has New Mayor as Court Removes Former Holder
- » Bulgaria’s Environment Ministry Files BGN 180 000 Lawsuit against Concessionaire of Bansko Ski Zone
- » EC to Approve Bulgaria’s Cross-Border Cooperation Programs in June
- » Bulgaria’s President Backs Judicial Reform through Constitutional Changes
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party to Try to Appeal New Debt of BGN 16 B at Constitutional Court
A GERB President says Parliament will be dissolved and GERB is expected to do well in elections.
The Socialists, Turks and Ataka are being very quiet, what is interesting is Ataka did badly in the European Elections and are not expected to do well in general elections.
I guess Ataka will be the big loosers as if they were smart they would seek to join the Socialists and Turks in government and give Volen the Foreign Ministers job as he likes travelling.
These three parties together could provide Bulgaria with a stable government that would serve to the end of the current parliament.