Young Talent Ivaylo Chochev Set to Join Berbatov in Monaco
The 21-year-old Bulgarian midfielder Ivaylo Chochev is close to a transfer to French league club Monaco, the player’s agent confirmed.
“There are still some small matters to be agreed. We can expect more details later today (Monday) or tomorrow. In all cases, the negotiations have gone well”, Chochev’s agent Petyo Kostadinov told News7.
Chochev is a versatile midfielder, who can play both defensively and help in the attack. He has been in CSKA Sofia since 2012, playing 38 matches and scoring 8 goals.
The player’s agent believes that a move to Monaco would be great for the youngster’s future.
“I really hope the deal works out. Not because of the money, but for what he can learn from Mitko (Berbatov), who left CSKA for Bayer Leverkusen at approximately the same age.”
According to Kostadinov, there has been interest from a number of other European clubs to sign Chochev.
Monaco finished 2nd in the French League 1 and will play in next season's Champions League.
- » Bulgaria to Face Norway in Decisive EURO 2016 Qualifier
- » Bulgaria's Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership Position in Grand Chess Tour
- » Kukushkin Downs Bulgaria's Dimitrov at US Open
- » Greek PAOK Signs Bulgarian Striker Dimitar Berbatov
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Australia's Ebden to Progress to 2nd Round of US Open
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike