Bulgarian Living in UK Publishes An Immigrant Handbook
Atanas Chikov, a Bulgarian living and working in London for 15 years, is publishing a handbook for Bulgarians who want to immigrate to the UK, reports Nova TV.
Chikov spends a lot of his spare time providing useful information to Bulgarians about life in the UK, mostly on the internet. He decided to gather all the useful information in a handbook, which will hit the shelves in Bulgaria's bookstores this summer.
In his words, his main goal was to help the Bulgarian immigrants become a well integrated community.
“I think anyone could find something useful,” Chikov told Nova TV. “As a whole the book is aimed at those who want to succeed in the UK. I want to come people who will present Bulgaria in a positive manner, not people who would abuse the system, steal, collect assistance money and smear the image of Bulgaria.”
The book contains information on average salaries for all kinds of work, tips on taxi companies, which areas are more peaceful and where the Bulgarian shops are. It also provides advice on how to hire a lawyer and information that those, willing to apply for a student loan, must have lived in the UK for at least three years, before starting their education.
“My advice to anyone coming to the UK is to speak at least a little bit of English, so they can understand people's questions and find some decent job,” Chikov said. “If you don't speak the language, if you manage to find a job at all, it will be badly paid.”
- » Popovi Livadi Becomes Bulgaria's Newest Village
- » Illegal Constructions in Plovdiv's Stolipinovo to be Removed
- » Roma People in Garmen Plead for Peace Following Ethnic Tensions
- » Bulgaria's New Gallery Square 500 Opening Thursday
- » Hip Hop, Neo Soul Diva Lauryn Hill to Perform in Sofia
- » Azerbaijan’s Heydar Aliyev Foundation Donates BGN 2.5 M for Restoration of Trapezitsa Fortress