Two-Thirds of Bulgaria's Young Families Have No Savings – Study
Two-thirds of the young families in Bulgaria have no savings, according to a study of the marketing research agency NOEMA and AMI Communications Bulgaria.
Some 28 percent of the young couples keep their money in bank deposits, 7% - in real estate and only 4% use it to start a business, Bulgarian National Radio reports.
The majority of young Bulgarians up to 35 years (68%) spend all of their income and fail to save, the results of the study on the income, the expenses and the savings of the modern couples showed.
In big cities, people tend to save more than in small towns and villages, and families with children save less than those who have no kids. Moreover, most young people do not set aside money for the future. To some extent this is due to the economic situation, analysts say. About 40 percent of the households in small towns live on the income of only one of the partners, compared to just 10% for the capital city of Sofia.
According to the survey, some 47 percent of all the polled couples up to 35 years save all their income in one place.
- » Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Head Dismissed amid Extortion Allegations
- » Average Wage in Bulgaria Increased 4-fold in 2000-2015
- » Bulgaria’s State-Owned Maritsa East 2 TPP Reported Loss of BGN 38.6 M in 2014
- » Bulgarian Farmers Hit By Russia Sanctions May Expect Compensations Totaling EUR 398 000
- » Bulgarians Completed Less Tourist Trips in First Quarter of 2015
- » Bulgaria Backs Idea for Gas Ring with Romania, Hungary, Slovakia
How can they except to save money ,when sometimes they do not get paid ON TIME each month ,they get paid when the owner of the company turns up to give them their pay and in between have to rely on family for help
even the agriculture industry as was published here earlier this year had not paid the work force .
It is time that any company owner reported for late payments to staff for work already done was penalised as the money with held has made interest in the company bank account for the company owner ,
ie the interest made paid the staff not the owner.