Kosovo Police Arrests 18 for Mitrovica Clashes
Eighteen people have been arrested for the clashes in Kosovo’s divided Mitrovica region on June 22.
They will be charged with hooliganism, attacking officials, theft, and illegal possession of weapons, BalkanInsight reported.
Violence erupted on June 22, when Kosovo Albanians protested against a bridge barricade set up by the ethnic Serb community. Over 20 people were injured, including several police officers. Cars were damaged and set on fire.
The bridge separates the predominantly Albanian South Mitrovica municipality, and the majority Serb North Mitrovica.
Local authorities will discuss on Monday the incident and what measures to take for ensuring peace in the region.
- » Suicide Blast Outside Music Festival in Germany Leaves 12 Injured
- » Three-Way Summit to Lay Basis for Supplying Turkmen Gas to Europe
- » Migrants Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 242,000 so far in 2016 – IOM
- » Some 4,700 People Remanded in Custody in Turkey over Failed Coup Attempt
- » Turkish Airlines to Maintain Normal Operations during Emergency Rule
- » France Charges Five Suspects over Nice Truck Attack