Kosovo Police Arrests 18 for Mitrovica Clashes
Eighteen people have been arrested for the clashes in Kosovo’s divided Mitrovica region on June 22.
They will be charged with hooliganism, attacking officials, theft, and illegal possession of weapons, BalkanInsight reported.
Violence erupted on June 22, when Kosovo Albanians protested against a bridge barricade set up by the ethnic Serb community. Over 20 people were injured, including several police officers. Cars were damaged and set on fire.
The bridge separates the predominantly Albanian South Mitrovica municipality, and the majority Serb North Mitrovica.
Local authorities will discuss on Monday the incident and what measures to take for ensuring peace in the region.
- » Montenegro’s Igor Luksic Withdraws from Race for Top UN Job
- » Migrant Arrivals by Sea in Europe in 2016 Top 269,000 - IOM
- » Athens Warns of 41,000 Migrants Ready to Go to Western Europe
- » Turkey Recalls Envoy to Vienna ‘to Revise' Ties after Austria Bans Anti-coup Rally
- » Austria’s Interior Minister Proposes No Asylum for Law-Breaking Refugees
- » Death Toll from Gaziantep Suicide Bombing Rises to 54