Kosovo Police Arrests 18 for Mitrovica Clashes
Eighteen people have been arrested for the clashes in Kosovo’s divided Mitrovica region on June 22.
They will be charged with hooliganism, attacking officials, theft, and illegal possession of weapons, BalkanInsight reported.
Violence erupted on June 22, when Kosovo Albanians protested against a bridge barricade set up by the ethnic Serb community. Over 20 people were injured, including several police officers. Cars were damaged and set on fire.
The bridge separates the predominantly Albanian South Mitrovica municipality, and the majority Serb North Mitrovica.
Local authorities will discuss on Monday the incident and what measures to take for ensuring peace in the region.
- » Israeli Jets Bombed Site Close to Damascus Airport
- » Spain Police Detain Man Accused of Link to Barcelona Attacks
- » Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting North Korea's Trading Partners
- » North Korea may Consider H-bomb Test in Pacific
- » Nearly 2,800 Migrants have Arrived in Greece so Far this Month
- » Kosovo Gives Up Bid to join Interpol