Kosovo Police Arrests 18 for Mitrovica Clashes
Eighteen people have been arrested for the clashes in Kosovo’s divided Mitrovica region on June 22.
They will be charged with hooliganism, attacking officials, theft, and illegal possession of weapons, BalkanInsight reported.
Violence erupted on June 22, when Kosovo Albanians protested against a bridge barricade set up by the ethnic Serb community. Over 20 people were injured, including several police officers. Cars were damaged and set on fire.
The bridge separates the predominantly Albanian South Mitrovica municipality, and the majority Serb North Mitrovica.
Local authorities will discuss on Monday the incident and what measures to take for ensuring peace in the region.
- » Taiwan Plane Crash Leaves over 40 Dead
- » Donbass Rebels 'Down Two Ukrainian Su-25 Fighters'
- » Germany Questions Appropriateness of Russia's Hosting FIFA World Cup
- » Netherlands Mourns, Bodies of Malaysia Airlines Crash Victims Return
- » OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
- » Ukrainian Rebels Give MH17 Black Boxes after UN Resolution