Kosovo Police Arrests 18 for Mitrovica Clashes
Eighteen people have been arrested for the clashes in Kosovo’s divided Mitrovica region on June 22.
They will be charged with hooliganism, attacking officials, theft, and illegal possession of weapons, BalkanInsight reported.
Violence erupted on June 22, when Kosovo Albanians protested against a bridge barricade set up by the ethnic Serb community. Over 20 people were injured, including several police officers. Cars were damaged and set on fire.
The bridge separates the predominantly Albanian South Mitrovica municipality, and the majority Serb North Mitrovica.
Local authorities will discuss on Monday the incident and what measures to take for ensuring peace in the region.
- » Former Playboy Model Says Trump Tried to Pay her after Sex
- » Czech PM Babis Says will 'Probably' Expel Russian Spies
- » After 14 years: A Man Finds his Lost Cat
- » Smoking Freely will be Allowed in Bars and Restaurants in Austria for Now
- » Automation Threatens 800 Million Jobs, but Technology Could Still Save us, Says Report
- » The European Union Will Lift Visas for Kosovo by the End of 2018