Kosovo Police Arrests 18 for Mitrovica Clashes
Eighteen people have been arrested for the clashes in Kosovo’s divided Mitrovica region on June 22.
They will be charged with hooliganism, attacking officials, theft, and illegal possession of weapons, BalkanInsight reported.
Violence erupted on June 22, when Kosovo Albanians protested against a bridge barricade set up by the ethnic Serb community. Over 20 people were injured, including several police officers. Cars were damaged and set on fire.
The bridge separates the predominantly Albanian South Mitrovica municipality, and the majority Serb North Mitrovica.
Local authorities will discuss on Monday the incident and what measures to take for ensuring peace in the region.
- » Famous French Director and Producer Luc Besson Accused of Rape
- » An Electronic Cigarette Exploded and Killed a Man in the United States
- » FT: Macron Warns against Hasty EU Enlargement at the Sofia Summit
- » Remarks by President Donald Tusk after the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » EIB Confirms Support for Western Balkans on the Path towards EU Integration
- » А Visa Agreement between Bulgaria and Algeria