Kosovo Police Arrests 18 for Mitrovica Clashes
Eighteen people have been arrested for the clashes in Kosovo’s divided Mitrovica region on June 22.
They will be charged with hooliganism, attacking officials, theft, and illegal possession of weapons, BalkanInsight reported.
Violence erupted on June 22, when Kosovo Albanians protested against a bridge barricade set up by the ethnic Serb community. Over 20 people were injured, including several police officers. Cars were damaged and set on fire.
The bridge separates the predominantly Albanian South Mitrovica municipality, and the majority Serb North Mitrovica.
Local authorities will discuss on Monday the incident and what measures to take for ensuring peace in the region.
- » Israel Attacks Leave at Least 2 Dead, Many Wounded
- » EU Ready to Temporarily Lift Belarus Sanctions
- » Dutch Safety Board to Publish Final Report on MH17 Disaster
- » UK-Born Princeton Professor Angus Deaton Wins 2015 Nobel Prize in Economics
- » NATO Must Address Three Priorities amid Current Instability, Stoltenberg Says
- » Turkish PM Points to IS as Prime Suspect for Ankara Suicide Bombings