Bulgaria-Turkey Border Fence to Be Ready 'within Days' - DefMin
Bulgaria's Defense Minister Angel Naydenov announced it would take days to complete a border fence being built at the border with Turkey.
"We are days away from having constructed this installation which is important to the Bulgarian Army and necessary for Bulgaria's security," Focus News Agency quoted Naydenov as saying.
The Minister did not specify how many days the process would take, though previous estimates suggested this could happen in end-July or August.
A tide of immigrants fleeing Syria's civil war forced the government last year into building the fence to curb the influx of Syrians and other countries' residence trying to illegally make it into Bulgaria.
- » Vice Admiral Eftimov: No Increased NATO Presence in Black Sea Region
- » Bulgaria's Radev: NATO Exercises in Black Sea No Threat To Tourism
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Calls for Debate on Military Spending
- » Bulgaria Under No Obligation To Increase Defence Budget
- » Europeans in NATO To Buy Aircraft, Submarines Jointly
- » Bulgaria's Defense Ministry Denies Having Signed MiG-29 Repair Contract