Bulgaria-Turkey Border Fence to Be Ready 'within Days' - DefMin
Bulgaria's Defense Minister Angel Naydenov announced it would take days to complete a border fence being built at the border with Turkey.
"We are days away from having constructed this installation which is important to the Bulgarian Army and necessary for Bulgaria's security," Focus News Agency quoted Naydenov as saying.
The Minister did not specify how many days the process would take, though previous estimates suggested this could happen in end-July or August.
A tide of immigrants fleeing Syria's civil war forced the government last year into building the fence to curb the influx of Syrians and other countries' residence trying to illegally make it into Bulgaria.
- » New Fence at Border with Turkey Will Be 4 Times More Expensive
- » Defence Minister Confirms NATO Is to Station Command Centre in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria, Romania Discuss Elements of NATO’s Readiness Action Plan
- » Bulgarian Troops Deployed at Border Will Not Bear Arms
- » Bulgaria Defense Ministry to Dispatch 180 Troops along Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria’s President Calls for Defence Spending Update to Meet Pledges to NATO