Netherlands Embassy Donates Books to Refugees in Bulgaria
The Dutch Ambassador to Bulgaria Tom van Oorschot has donated 600 English literature books to the refugees at the Center for Refugees in Vrazhdebna, Sofia on Monday.
The books arrive upon initiative of two members of the Labor Party in the Dutch Parliament - Tanja Jadnanansing and Agnes Wolbert and have been provided for free by the Twente Division of the Netherlands-England Society, the official information on the website of the Netherlands Embassy in Sofia says.
The two politicians were part of a 9-members delegation of the Lower Chamber of the Dutch Parliament which visited Bulgaria in April this year to explore the situation of the refugees in the country as well as the integration activities.
The Netherlands appreciates the efforts of the Bulgarian authorities to improve the living conditions in the refugee centers, Bulgaria's National Radio informs.
The Chairman of the State Agency for the Refugees Nikolai Chirpanliev has also taken part in the event.
- » Bulgarian Court Releases Migrant Hunter on Bail
- » New Sofia Metro Station Opens, Adding 15 000 Passengers
- » Azam Ali to Perform in Sofia in October
- » Bulgaria Filed 5 User Data Requests with Google in 2015
- » Strong Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Monday
- » State of Emergency Remains after Flood in Bulgaria's Rozino