Netherlands Embassy Donates Books to Refugees in Bulgaria
The Dutch Ambassador to Bulgaria Tom van Oorschot has donated 600 English literature books to the refugees at the Center for Refugees in Vrazhdebna, Sofia on Monday.
The books arrive upon initiative of two members of the Labor Party in the Dutch Parliament - Tanja Jadnanansing and Agnes Wolbert and have been provided for free by the Twente Division of the Netherlands-England Society, the official information on the website of the Netherlands Embassy in Sofia says.
The two politicians were part of a 9-members delegation of the Lower Chamber of the Dutch Parliament which visited Bulgaria in April this year to explore the situation of the refugees in the country as well as the integration activities.
The Netherlands appreciates the efforts of the Bulgarian authorities to improve the living conditions in the refugee centers, Bulgaria's National Radio informs.
The Chairman of the State Agency for the Refugees Nikolai Chirpanliev has also taken part in the event.
- » Number of Migrants Who Left Bulgaria's Accommodation Centers Bubbles
- » 44 Ship Wrecks Explored in Bulgaria's Black Sea
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 150th Anniversary of First Railway
- » Bulgaria Owes BGN 95 M for Treatment of Bulgarian Patients in EU
- » 24-Carat Gold Stamps Displayed at Bulgaria's Bulkolekto 2016
- » Union of Armenians in Europe To Hold Charity Ball in Bulgaria's Plovdiv