Netherlands Embassy Donates Books to Refugees in Bulgaria
The Dutch Ambassador to Bulgaria Tom van Oorschot has donated 600 English literature books to the refugees at the Center for Refugees in Vrazhdebna, Sofia on Monday.
The books arrive upon initiative of two members of the Labor Party in the Dutch Parliament - Tanja Jadnanansing and Agnes Wolbert and have been provided for free by the Twente Division of the Netherlands-England Society, the official information on the website of the Netherlands Embassy in Sofia says.
The two politicians were part of a 9-members delegation of the Lower Chamber of the Dutch Parliament which visited Bulgaria in April this year to explore the situation of the refugees in the country as well as the integration activities.
The Netherlands appreciates the efforts of the Bulgarian authorities to improve the living conditions in the refugee centers, Bulgaria's National Radio informs.
The Chairman of the State Agency for the Refugees Nikolai Chirpanliev has also taken part in the event.
- » Bulgaria Confirms Participation in 2016 Eurovision Song Contest
- » Second Edition of Morocco Days in Bulgaria Begins in Sofia on November 30
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Bulgaria 'Should Accept More Migrants' to Overcome Demographic Crisis
- » Sofia Hosts Third International Literary Festival Between November 25-December 13
- » Passengers Wait for Hours on Planes at Plovdiv Airport