Bulgaria’s Exchange Bureaus to Fall Under Scrutiny
Bulgaria’s National Revenue Agency will conduct an extensive nation-wide checkup of currency exchange bureaus.
The reason for the tightened control is the upcoming summer tourist season, when the frauds increase.
According to the law, currency exchange bureaus operate at an exchange rate within 5% of the one fixed by the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
One of the most common schemes is to switch the numbers of the rates between what is shown outside and inside the bureau, with many clients failing to spot the difference and thus being cheated.
- » Audit Finds BGN 4.2 B Impairment Costs on KTB Balance Sheet, Bulgaria C. Bank Says
- » Westinghouse Picks М3 Communications for Its PR Agency in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria, Romania Agree to Build 2 More Bridges over Danube River
- » Bulgaria's National Tourism Council Demands Separate Ministry
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Among Lonely Planet's Best Travel Destinations 2015
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Sign Memorandum To Build Two New Bridges Over Danube