Bulgaria’s Exchange Bureaus to Fall Under Scrutiny
Bulgaria’s National Revenue Agency will conduct an extensive nation-wide checkup of currency exchange bureaus.
The reason for the tightened control is the upcoming summer tourist season, when the frauds increase.
According to the law, currency exchange bureaus operate at an exchange rate within 5% of the one fixed by the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
One of the most common schemes is to switch the numbers of the rates between what is shown outside and inside the bureau, with many clients failing to spot the difference and thus being cheated.
- » Dutch Company Takeaway.com Buys BGMenu for EUR 10.5 Million
- » Nearly 8.9 Million Foreign Tourists Came to Bulgaria in 2017
- » The IMF Insists: Accelerate the Raise of Wages!
- » SurveyThe Most Visited Country in the World is Japan
- » Venezuela will Release Another Virtual Currency
- » Investments in "Smart" Cities will Reach $ 80 billion in 2018