Bulgaria’s Exchange Bureaus to Fall Under Scrutiny
Bulgaria’s National Revenue Agency will conduct an extensive nation-wide checkup of currency exchange bureaus.
The reason for the tightened control is the upcoming summer tourist season, when the frauds increase.
According to the law, currency exchange bureaus operate at an exchange rate within 5% of the one fixed by the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
One of the most common schemes is to switch the numbers of the rates between what is shown outside and inside the bureau, with many clients failing to spot the difference and thus being cheated.
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt OKs Financial Corrections of BGN 152 M under OP Environment
- » Bulgaria Air to Fly to China, Belarus
- » Power Rates in Bulgaria to Go Up by up to 10% as of October - Watchdog
- » Amway to Invest USD 0.5M in Launching Bulgarian Business
- » Total Hourly Labor Cost Posts 3.6% Increase in Q2 2014 Y/Y
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers Stage Protest to Demand Separate Tourism Ministry