Bulgarian Army Spent BGN 1 M for Fence at Border with Turkey
So far the Bulgarian army has spent BGN 1 M on the construction of the 30-km fence at the border with Turkey, reports the Trud daily.
One third of the sum has been spent on petrol and diesel, according to the reports, presented by Defence Minister Angel Naidenov.
According to him, so far have been completed 9 km of the fence.
After series of delays and financial controversies, the construction of the entire fence is expected to end in end of July or the beginning of August. The initial plans were for March.
According to the calculations, the fence will cost additional BGN 1.5 M.
- » UK, Germany Plan New Defence Agreement After Brexit
- » Interior Minister: Migration pressure on Bulgarian-Turkish Border has been Declining
- » Bulgaria With Proposals To Supply Fighter Jets to Air Force
- » NATO's Secretary General To Present Annual Report
- » Bulgarian President Appoints Soviet-Era Agent as Defense Counsellor
- » Bulgaria's President, Govt Replace Acting Chief of Defense