Bulgarian Army Spent BGN 1 M for Fence at Border with Turkey
So far the Bulgarian army has spent BGN 1 M on the construction of the 30-km fence at the border with Turkey, reports the Trud daily.
One third of the sum has been spent on petrol and diesel, according to the reports, presented by Defence Minister Angel Naidenov.
According to him, so far have been completed 9 km of the fence.
After series of delays and financial controversies, the construction of the entire fence is expected to end in end of July or the beginning of August. The initial plans were for March.
According to the calculations, the fence will cost additional BGN 1.5 M.
- » 5 German Citizens Detained For Involvement in Terrorist Organization
- » President Rumen Radev: Armed Forces at Turning Point
- » Bulgarian Military Personnel Participates in Latvia-Held Multinational Training
- » New Fence Along Bulgaria-Turkey Border In Haskovo to be Longer Than Initially Planned
- » US Commander Gives High Assessment to Relation With Bulgaria in Sphere of Defense
- » The Defence Ministry to Draft a Plan Under Which Defence Spending to Reach 2% of GDP by 2022