Bulgarian Army Spent BGN 1 M for Fence at Border with Turkey
So far the Bulgarian army has spent BGN 1 M on the construction of the 30-km fence at the border with Turkey, reports the Trud daily.
One third of the sum has been spent on petrol and diesel, according to the reports, presented by Defence Minister Angel Naidenov.
According to him, so far have been completed 9 km of the fence.
After series of delays and financial controversies, the construction of the entire fence is expected to end in end of July or the beginning of August. The initial plans were for March.
According to the calculations, the fence will cost additional BGN 1.5 M.
- » Europol: 800 People From the Western Balkans are in the Ranks of the "Islamic State"
- » NATO Set To Begin Move To New Brussels Headquarters
- » About 30,000 People in Europe Are Potentially Part of Terrorist Communities', Rob Wainwright Europol Director
- » The Total Military Budget of NATO Member States is $ 957 billion
- » Defence Budget to Reach 2% of GDP by 2024
- » Russia will Provide Logistics for the Bulgarian MiG-29 until 2022