Bulgarian Army Spent BGN 1 M for Fence at Border with Turkey
So far the Bulgarian army has spent BGN 1 M on the construction of the 30-km fence at the border with Turkey, reports the Trud daily.
One third of the sum has been spent on petrol and diesel, according to the reports, presented by Defence Minister Angel Naidenov.
According to him, so far have been completed 9 km of the fence.
After series of delays and financial controversies, the construction of the entire fence is expected to end in end of July or the beginning of August. The initial plans were for March.
According to the calculations, the fence will cost additional BGN 1.5 M.
- » Bulgaria Wants More Serious Funding for EU Battlegroups
- » The Commander of the Sixth US Navy visited Varna on May 16
- » US Warship Visits Varna Port
- » Russian Jet 'Buzzes' Another US Plane in Black Sea
- » Sofia Opposes Any Border Changes Across Southeast Europe
- » Krasimir Karakachanov: 'We Should Work Together With Russia'