Bulgarian Army Spent BGN 1 M for Fence at Border with Turkey
So far the Bulgarian army has spent BGN 1 M on the construction of the 30-km fence at the border with Turkey, reports the Trud daily.
One third of the sum has been spent on petrol and diesel, according to the reports, presented by Defence Minister Angel Naidenov.
According to him, so far have been completed 9 km of the fence.
After series of delays and financial controversies, the construction of the entire fence is expected to end in end of July or the beginning of August. The initial plans were for March.
According to the calculations, the fence will cost additional BGN 1.5 M.
- » Hristo Smolenov, Antiterrorism Expert: Europe Behaves Like Victim, Attracting Aggressors
- » Champs-Elysees car attacker was on terror watchlist
- » Minister Radev: Only 5 km left for the completion of the protection facility at the border between Bulgaria and Turkey
- » Nikolay Nenkov Named Deputy Chairman of SANS
- » Bulgarian Teams Take Part in Aerial Medical Evacuation Exercises in Germany
- » Bulgarian and Greek Special Forces Took Part in a Joint Anti-Terrorist Training Exercise