Bulgarian Army Spent BGN 1 M for Fence at Border with Turkey
So far the Bulgarian army has spent BGN 1 M on the construction of the 30-km fence at the border with Turkey, reports the Trud daily.
One third of the sum has been spent on petrol and diesel, according to the reports, presented by Defence Minister Angel Naidenov.
According to him, so far have been completed 9 km of the fence.
After series of delays and financial controversies, the construction of the entire fence is expected to end in end of July or the beginning of August. The initial plans were for March.
According to the calculations, the fence will cost additional BGN 1.5 M.
- » The Interior Minister Declared the Fence on the Bulgaria-Turkey Border is 100% Finished
- » Finland does not Exclude NATO Membership
- » A Broad-Format Meeting is Underway in Sofia Discussing Measures Against Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria to Seek Proposals on New F-16s, Eurofighter Typhoons
- » The Border Fence with Turkey is Becoming Strategical Object of National Security
- » Norway Sends Troops to the Border with Russia