Bulgaria's New Army Chief Sworn In
Vice-Admiral Rumen Nikolov has become Chief of Defense of the Bulgarian Army on Monday after taking the office from Gen Simeon Simeonov.
At a ceremony Nikolov, who was previously Commander of the Navy, assumed the position of Chief of Defense after his predecessor's term has expired.
Defense Minister Angel Naydenov attended the event which was held at 11:00 EEST (09:00 GMT).
The Chief of Defense is appointed by the Bulgarian President upon a proposal by the Council of Ministers and has a four-year term in office.
Also on Monday, Maj Gen Neyko Nenov and Maj Gen Konstantin Popov, the Commanders of the Bulgarian Land Forces and Air Force respectively, became Deputy Chiefs of Defense.
- » Defense Minister 'to Dismiss Military Intelligence Chief'
- » US Air Force F-15 Deploy to Bulgaria for Bilateral Training Event
- » UK 'Has Moved Beyond Humanitarian Mission' in Iraq - DefMin
- » Rearmament of Bulgarian Army To Cost BGN 1B by 2020
- » Controlled Blasts of Old Ammunition Concluded in SE Bulgaria
- » Maritime Security 'More Important Nowadays' - Interim DefMin