Bulgaria's New Army Chief Sworn In
Vice-Admiral Rumen Nikolov has become Chief of Defense of the Bulgarian Army on Monday after taking the office from Gen Simeon Simeonov.
At a ceremony Nikolov, who was previously Commander of the Navy, assumed the position of Chief of Defense after his predecessor's term has expired.
Defense Minister Angel Naydenov attended the event which was held at 11:00 EEST (09:00 GMT).
The Chief of Defense is appointed by the Bulgarian President upon a proposal by the Council of Ministers and has a four-year term in office.
Also on Monday, Maj Gen Neyko Nenov and Maj Gen Konstantin Popov, the Commanders of the Bulgarian Land Forces and Air Force respectively, became Deputy Chiefs of Defense.
- » Russia to Boost Crimea-Based Black Sea Fleet
- » Mistral Warship for Russia 'Tied to Stance on Ukraine Crisis'
- » Bulgaria-Turkey Border Fence Completed
- » KTB 'Holds 90%' of Bulgarian Defense Industry Assets -Former DefMin
- » Greece To Spend EUR 1B on Army Modernization
- » Bulgaria 'Demands All-Weather Reconnaissance US Drones'