Bulgaria's New Army Chief Sworn In
Vice-Admiral Rumen Nikolov has become Chief of Defense of the Bulgarian Army on Monday after taking the office from Gen Simeon Simeonov.
At a ceremony Nikolov, who was previously Commander of the Navy, assumed the position of Chief of Defense after his predecessor's term has expired.
Defense Minister Angel Naydenov attended the event which was held at 11:00 EEST (09:00 GMT).
The Chief of Defense is appointed by the Bulgarian President upon a proposal by the Council of Ministers and has a four-year term in office.
Also on Monday, Maj Gen Neyko Nenov and Maj Gen Konstantin Popov, the Commanders of the Bulgarian Land Forces and Air Force respectively, became Deputy Chiefs of Defense.
- » US 'Gives Ukraine Weapons via Bulgaria'
- » Baltic Region Countries Report 'Unprecedented' Russian Military Activities In Area
- » NATO 'Mulls Monitoring Mechanism for Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria's New Fighter Jets Should Be Included in 2016 Budget - ex-Chief of Defense
- » Bulgaria's Answer To US Tanks Is 'No' – Chief Of Defence
- » Bulgaria Has Not Received Request for Deployment of NATO Tanks