Bulgaria's New Army Chief Sworn In
Vice-Admiral Rumen Nikolov has become Chief of Defense of the Bulgarian Army on Monday after taking the office from Gen Simeon Simeonov.
At a ceremony Nikolov, who was previously Commander of the Navy, assumed the position of Chief of Defense after his predecessor's term has expired.
Defense Minister Angel Naydenov attended the event which was held at 11:00 EEST (09:00 GMT).
The Chief of Defense is appointed by the Bulgarian President upon a proposal by the Council of Ministers and has a four-year term in office.
Also on Monday, Maj Gen Neyko Nenov and Maj Gen Konstantin Popov, the Commanders of the Bulgarian Land Forces and Air Force respectively, became Deputy Chiefs of Defense.
- » Vice Admiral Eftimov: No Increased NATO Presence in Black Sea Region
- » Bulgaria's Radev: NATO Exercises in Black Sea No Threat To Tourism
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Calls for Debate on Military Spending
- » Bulgaria Under No Obligation To Increase Defence Budget
- » Europeans in NATO To Buy Aircraft, Submarines Jointly
- » Bulgaria's Defense Ministry Denies Having Signed MiG-29 Repair Contract