Bulgaria's New Army Chief Sworn In
Vice-Admiral Rumen Nikolov has become Chief of Defense of the Bulgarian Army on Monday after taking the office from Gen Simeon Simeonov.
At a ceremony Nikolov, who was previously Commander of the Navy, assumed the position of Chief of Defense after his predecessor's term has expired.
Defense Minister Angel Naydenov attended the event which was held at 11:00 EEST (09:00 GMT).
The Chief of Defense is appointed by the Bulgarian President upon a proposal by the Council of Ministers and has a four-year term in office.
Also on Monday, Maj Gen Neyko Nenov and Maj Gen Konstantin Popov, the Commanders of the Bulgarian Land Forces and Air Force respectively, became Deputy Chiefs of Defense.
- » Contract on Repair of Bulgaria's MiG-29 Fighter Jets to be Ratified in Few Days
- » US 'Using Bulgaria' to Supply Arms to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria Needs New Fighter Jets - Defense Committee Head
- » Bulgaria MPs Meeting Outdoors to Discuss Air Force
- » Civilian Chief of Bulgaria’s Military Intelligence Will Have to Go
- » Commander of Bulgarian Air Force Reportedly Resigns