Bulgaria's New Army Chief Sworn In
Vice-Admiral Rumen Nikolov has become Chief of Defense of the Bulgarian Army on Monday after taking the office from Gen Simeon Simeonov.
At a ceremony Nikolov, who was previously Commander of the Navy, assumed the position of Chief of Defense after his predecessor's term has expired.
Defense Minister Angel Naydenov attended the event which was held at 11:00 EEST (09:00 GMT).
The Chief of Defense is appointed by the Bulgarian President upon a proposal by the Council of Ministers and has a four-year term in office.
Also on Monday, Maj Gen Neyko Nenov and Maj Gen Konstantin Popov, the Commanders of the Bulgarian Land Forces and Air Force respectively, became Deputy Chiefs of Defense.
- » Bulgarian Parliament Committee Rejects Motion to Reintroduce Military Draft
- » Bulgarian PM Commends Bulgarian Military for Helping Police Protect Borders
- » Bulgaria Has Deployed 230 Troops to Border with Turkey
- » Counter-Terrorism Drills Take Place in Bulgaria's Burgas Bay
- » No Concrete Terrorist Threat Facing Bulgaria After Nice Attack - Officials
- » Stoltenberg: NATO-Russia Council Remains Important Forum for Dialogue