North Korea Fires Short-Range Missiles, Seoul Claims
North Korea has fired 2 short-range missiles off the eastern coast of the peninsula, a South Korean official has stated.
The two projectiles, believed to be short-range missiles, fell into the sea, at range on 500 km, the anonymous official told CNN. This is the second similar launch reported during the week, after US and South Korean officials alarmed of three missiles fired on Thursday.
North Korea said on Friday that leader Kim Jong Un guided test launches of newly developed precision-guided missiles, The Washington Post informed.
Pyongyang has regularly been raising alert in the region by testing short-range missiles, often as a means of asserting its international position while remaining isolated from the rest of the world. It has also claimed to be defending itself from the “aggressive” policies of South Korea and the United States.
- » "Islamic State" Terrorist Cell in St Petersburg is Destroyed
- » NASA has Discovered a Solar System with the Same Number of Planets as ours
- » EU Leaders Agree to Move to Second-Stage Brexit Talks
- » Kosovo's Bid For Council of Europe Membership in January 2018
- » Greek Gov’t Aims to Speed Up Migrant Returns to Turkey
- » The US Federal Communications Commission Repealed the Principle of Net Neutrality