North Korea Fires Short-Range Missiles, Seoul Claims
North Korea has fired 2 short-range missiles off the eastern coast of the peninsula, a South Korean official has stated.
The two projectiles, believed to be short-range missiles, fell into the sea, at range on 500 km, the anonymous official told CNN. This is the second similar launch reported during the week, after US and South Korean officials alarmed of three missiles fired on Thursday.
North Korea said on Friday that leader Kim Jong Un guided test launches of newly developed precision-guided missiles, The Washington Post informed.
Pyongyang has regularly been raising alert in the region by testing short-range missiles, often as a means of asserting its international position while remaining isolated from the rest of the world. It has also claimed to be defending itself from the “aggressive” policies of South Korea and the United States.
- » Albania's Parliament Dismisses Central Bank Governor
- » China, India Sign Landmark USD 20 B Deals
- » Russia's Putin 'Threatens to Send Army' to Riga, Warsaw, Bucharest
- » Scotland 'to Remain in UK' - Last Poll
- » Ukraine Urges EU to Discuss Drop in Russian Gas Transit with Moscow
- » Scotland Votes on Independence