Three More Arrested in Bulgaria’s Bank Scandal
Three more people have been arrested for disseminating false information and undermining the prestige of Bulgaria’s First Investment Bank.
The latest arrests were made in the capital Sofia, bringing the total of detainees to 6, the State Agency for National Security (DANS) revealed.
The operation carried out on Sunday morning targets suspected hackers, who sent emails and short text messages to clients of the bank, warning them of bankruptcy. This led to mass panic and thousands of citizens withdrawing their savings.
DANS has opened a hotline - 02 814 70 95 – for anyone who has been a victim of these cyber attacks to report to. They can do so at email@example.com as well.
- » Irish Revenue Seize over 18,000 Smuggled Cigarettes Originating from Bulgaria, Ukraine
- » Homeless Person Accused for Fire in Plovdiv's Tobacco Warehouse
- » Bulgaria Charges Four Afghans with Attempted Smuggling of 29 Syrian Migrants from Turkey
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 13 Irregular Migrants on Trakia Motorway
- » Former Road Infrastructure Agency Chief found innocent in scandalous court case
- » Bulgaria to Turn over Mourad Hamyd to France
Why is the government of Bulgaria going after the people that caused the run on First Investment Bank and not after the people or person that caused the run on CCB? Could it be that the people that caused the run on CCB enjoy freedom from prosecution? i.e. Dogan and Peevski?
They should charge those idiots who go to the bank to withdraw their money 10% per transaction unless they can prove it has nothing to do with a bank run.
People who speak about hyperinflation and worthless money should be penalized with a minimum of 5000 leva.
If you know shit, keep the shit for yourself suckers.
On the other hand, perfect moment to buy Fibank equities... Win win for the non-idiots.
Will the charges be dropped after the banks fail? The run on the banks that will start up again on monday may bring on a 1990's thing. Remember that hyper-inflation thing? Remember all that worthless cash? Will I be arrested for disseminating false information if I say run to the bank and get your money out now?