Bulgarians Travel Abroad 18% More in May 2014
In May 2014, the number of the trips of Bulgarian residents abroad was 427.5 thousand or by 18.1% above the registered in May 2013, the National Statistical Institute informs.
In comparison with the same month of the previous year an increase was observed in the total number of the trips of Bulgarians to Spain-by 46.7%, the United Kingdom-by 45.0%, Greece-by 41.7%, France-by 34.4%, Italy-by 30.8%, Romania-by 29.6%.
At the same time a decrease was observed in the total number of the trips of Bulgarians to the Russian Federation-by 57.3%, Germany-by 26.4%, the Czech Republic-by 22.5%.
In May 2014, the number of arrivals of visitors from abroad to Bulgaria was 678.1 or by 8.2% above the level of May 2013. The share of visits of ?U citizens was 62.4% of the total number of foreigners’ visits to Bulgaria in May 2014. In comparison with the same month of the previous year they increased by 13.6%. An increase was registered in the visits of the citizens of Austria-by 59.9%, Germany-by 44.6%, Italy-by 36.5%, Poland-by 20.6%, United Kingdom-by 15.7%, Romania-by12.9%.
At the same time a decrease was recorded in the visits from France-by 28.3%, and Slovakia-by 8.0%. The visits of foreigners in the group “Other European countries” decreased by3.6% as the highest drop was observed in the visits of citizens of Ukraine, Macedonia and Russian Federation-by17.6, 10.4% and 9.6% respectively.
- » Bulgaria Reports Double Increase in Tourist Numbers Ahead of Summer Season
- » Arrivals of Foreign Visitors to Bulgaria Up in April
- » Royal Clipper Arrives in Bulgaria’s Varna Port
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Decrease 4.8% Y/Y in Q1 2016
- » Wiz Air Adds Three New Destinations from Sofia in December
- » Bulgaria Registered 15 % Increase in Number of Foreign Visitors During Easter Holiday