Bulgarians Travel Abroad 18% More in May 2014
In May 2014, the number of the trips of Bulgarian residents abroad was 427.5 thousand or by 18.1% above the registered in May 2013, the National Statistical Institute informs.
In comparison with the same month of the previous year an increase was observed in the total number of the trips of Bulgarians to Spain-by 46.7%, the United Kingdom-by 45.0%, Greece-by 41.7%, France-by 34.4%, Italy-by 30.8%, Romania-by 29.6%.
At the same time a decrease was observed in the total number of the trips of Bulgarians to the Russian Federation-by 57.3%, Germany-by 26.4%, the Czech Republic-by 22.5%.
In May 2014, the number of arrivals of visitors from abroad to Bulgaria was 678.1 or by 8.2% above the level of May 2013. The share of visits of ?U citizens was 62.4% of the total number of foreigners’ visits to Bulgaria in May 2014. In comparison with the same month of the previous year they increased by 13.6%. An increase was registered in the visits of the citizens of Austria-by 59.9%, Germany-by 44.6%, Italy-by 36.5%, Poland-by 20.6%, United Kingdom-by 15.7%, Romania-by12.9%.
At the same time a decrease was recorded in the visits from France-by 28.3%, and Slovakia-by 8.0%. The visits of foreigners in the group “Other European countries” decreased by3.6% as the highest drop was observed in the visits of citizens of Ukraine, Macedonia and Russian Federation-by17.6, 10.4% and 9.6% respectively.
- » Bulgarians Completed More Trips Abroad in May
- » Decrease in Russian, Ukrainian Tourist Numbers at 10-20% - Bulgarian Minister
- » Bulgarian MPs Vote to Keep Visa Regime for Russian Nationals
- » Mass Inspections Launched Across Bulgarian Seaside Resort Venues
- » Outlook on Bulgaria's Tourism Season Good Despite EU-Russia Crisis
- » Bollywood Star to Participate in Video Advertising Bulgaria as Tourist Destination