Bulgaria 'Vulnerable' to Terrorist Attacks - Experts
Bulgaria is vulnerable to potential terrorist attacks, experts argued Friday.
Albena Drobachka, who manages a project n prevention of natural and social disasters, said at an international conference more needs to done by Bulgarian authorities to promote civic education and appropriate behavior immediately after a terror act has been committed, Dariknews.bg quoted her as saying.
The conference comes nearly two years after a deadly terror attack targeting Israelis at Sarafovo airport near Burgas which left five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver.
- » Bulgaria, U.S. to Hold Joint Exercise at Novo Selo Training Site Oct.20-Dec.15
- » Bulgarian DefMin Hopes Contract on Repair of MiG-29 Jets to be Ratified by End of Month
- » NATO Defence Ministers Agree to Set Up Two More Force Integration Units
- » Bulgaria Needs New Fighter Jets - Air Force Chief
- » NATO Defence Ministers Meeting Over Syria, Afghanistan
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Authorized to Sign MiG Repair Deal w/ Poland
Well one lesson which needs to be learned from other countries is that appeasement (agreeing to change your culture to suit others) is viewed as weakness and will be taken advantage of. In some countries such as the UK, this has gone so far and for so long that It is unlikely that the trend can ever be stopped let alone reversed. Bulgaria needs to take a strong stance and not allow the drip-drip-drip of invasion that has happened elsewhere and should refuse to replace its own culture with others