Bulgaria 'Vulnerable' to Terrorist Attacks - Experts
Bulgaria is vulnerable to potential terrorist attacks, experts argued Friday.
Albena Drobachka, who manages a project n prevention of natural and social disasters, said at an international conference more needs to done by Bulgarian authorities to promote civic education and appropriate behavior immediately after a terror act has been committed, Dariknews.bg quoted her as saying.
The conference comes nearly two years after a deadly terror attack targeting Israelis at Sarafovo airport near Burgas which left five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver.
- » Defence Minister: Nine of Bulgaria's MiG-29 Fighter Jets Need Repair
- » Stoltenberg Sees No Immediate Threat to any NATO Member State - BNR
- » Bulgaria, Poland to Agree on Maintenance of MiG-29 Jets by End of July
- » First Ships of NATO Navy Exercise ‘Breeze 2015’ Anchored in Varna
- » Bulgaria's Varna Hosts International Naval Exercise Breeze 2015
- » Bulgaria to Complete Fence at Border with Turkey by End of Year
Well one lesson which needs to be learned from other countries is that appeasement (agreeing to change your culture to suit others) is viewed as weakness and will be taken advantage of. In some countries such as the UK, this has gone so far and for so long that It is unlikely that the trend can ever be stopped let alone reversed. Bulgaria needs to take a strong stance and not allow the drip-drip-drip of invasion that has happened elsewhere and should refuse to replace its own culture with others