Bulgarian Prime Minister Assures Banks’ Safety
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski assured that the country’s banks are safe and there is no need for panic among citizens.
“The state has at its disposal the necessary instruments to safeguard the banking sector. Our cooperation with the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) is stable and we will not allow citizens to lose their trust in the institutions”, Oresharski commented from Brussels.
Last week, Commercial Corporate Bank (KTB) was placed under BNB’s supervision.
The Prime Minister urged politicians not to escalate the situation by using rumors to gain benefits.
“It is not good to use the economic and banking issues for campaigning or political grounds”, Oresharski added.
- » GERB Withdraws Proposal to Save KTB Through Legal Changes
- » Intl Consortium Proposes to Inject BGN 2.3B in Bulgaria's KTB - FinMin
- » Interim Parliamentary Budget Committee Votes To Save KTB
- » Twelve Bulgarian Central Bank Employees Interrogated over KTB
- » Caretaker PM Georgi Bliznashki Tables Budget Update Draft In Parliament
- » Bulgaria's Central Bank Urges Parliament to Set Up KTB Committee