Bulgarian Prime Minister Assures Banks’ Safety
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski assured that the country’s banks are safe and there is no need for panic among citizens.
“The state has at its disposal the necessary instruments to safeguard the banking sector. Our cooperation with the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) is stable and we will not allow citizens to lose their trust in the institutions”, Oresharski commented from Brussels.
Last week, Commercial Corporate Bank (KTB) was placed under BNB’s supervision.
The Prime Minister urged politicians not to escalate the situation by using rumors to gain benefits.
“It is not good to use the economic and banking issues for campaigning or political grounds”, Oresharski added.
- » Ѕtatistics Show Growth in GDP and Final Consuption
- » At the End of June 2017 Currency in Circulation on the Domestic Market Reached BGN 14. 214b
- » Bitcoin Keeps on Breaking Records
- » Statistics Show Growth of Incomes and Spending in Bulgaria
- » Inflation in Bulgaria Reaches 1% Since Beginning of 2017
- » Average Wage in Bulgaria – Up by Nearly 10%