Bulgarian Prime Minister Assures Banks’ Safety
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski assured that the country’s banks are safe and there is no need for panic among citizens.
“The state has at its disposal the necessary instruments to safeguard the banking sector. Our cooperation with the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) is stable and we will not allow citizens to lose their trust in the institutions”, Oresharski commented from Brussels.
Last week, Commercial Corporate Bank (KTB) was placed under BNB’s supervision.
The Prime Minister urged politicians not to escalate the situation by using rumors to gain benefits.
“It is not good to use the economic and banking issues for campaigning or political grounds”, Oresharski added.
- » World Bank Halts Financing of Oil and Gas Projects from 2019
- » Municipality, Part of the Metropolitan Area in Venezuela Introduced its Own Currency
- » In the Period January - October 2017 Bulgarian Exports to 3rd Countries Increased by 15.9%
- » Daily Mail: Bulgaria has Enough Bitcoins to Pay off FIFTH of National Debt
- » The Bulgarian Government Holds More Than $ 3 Billion in Bitcoin
- » Bulgaria State Debt is Shrinking