International Jazz Stars Gather in Sofia for “A to Jazz” Festival
The international jazz festival “A to Jazz” will bring to Sofia an array of world class musicians for yet another year.
“A to Jazz” festival was created in 2011, with the help of the America for Bulgaria Foundation and is part of the official cultural calendar of the Sofia Municipality.
The event opens on Friday, June 27, and will continue on Saturday and Sunday, at Yujen Park (South Park) 2, behind the City Center mall. Artists from Cuba, Mexico, Cameroon, Capo Verde, USA, Spain, Portugal, and Bulgaria will perform various styles of jazz throughout the three evenings. Special performances will include the world famous Richard Bona, and Tito Paris. Workshops for children will take place during the day on Saturday and Sunday.
The festival is free of charge, but guests are welcome to reserve chairs at a price of BGN 5, or bar tables for BGN 10. The money collected will be used for other concerts, workshops, jam sessions and organizing the festival in other cities.
For more information, refer to the festiva's official website.
- » Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson to Open Plovdiv Salon of Arts in September
- » Azam Ali to Perform in Sofia in October
- » Rozhen Folklore Fair Begins Near Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » Bansko Jazz Festival to Feature Musicians from 3 Continents
- » Kyustendil Honours Famous Bulgarian Painter with Large-Scale Portrait on Square
- » Protesters Continue to Demand Resignation of Bulgaria's Culture Minister