SOFIX Index Lost 5.5% on Thursday
The index of the Bulgarian stock exchange SOFIX lost 5.5% on Thursday, compared to Wednesday, reports Mediapool.bg.
A drop was posted by the Central Cooperative Bank (CCB) – 6.35% and the First Investment Bank – 7.95%. The shares of Chimimport dropped significantly – 10.79%, Petrol – 12.28% and Eurohold – 7.03%. Bulgartabak Holding's shares dropped by 18.17%.
According to experts, the main reason for the drop of SOFIX were the continuing political instability in Bulgaria and the events around the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB).
- » Bulgaria's 2015 Draft Budget Is Meagrer Than in 2010 - Experts
- » EIB Lends EUR 500 M To Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry Cuts Judiciary Budget Proposal by BGN 80 M
- » Bulgaria's 2015 Draft Budget Includes Minimum Wage Freeze
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Picks 2 Local, 2 Int'l Banks for Bridge Loan
- » Holders of Guaranteed Deposits in Bulgaria's KTB Number 255 000
I believe this has happened in other countries whereby the national banking system has been forced into instability or bankruptcy which has enabled foreign banks and organizations to snap up the national banks cheaply. I sincerely hope that this does not happen here as I am sure it will be also used as a means of forcing Bulgaria into the failing Eurozone